comp.lang.c++

Which font does Bjarne Stroustrup use in TC++PL special for code?

HL

11/13/2008 2:48:00 AM

As the subject, I like the font he used for codes. It's not constant-
width but better than constant-width fonts while presenting text.
Netters, could you tell me the name of that font? I hope to use it in
my writing. Thank you.
3 Answers

sjin.75

On page ii (which contains some info about the book like ISBN),
I see the sentence "This book was typeset in Times and Courier by the
author."

On Nov 12, 9:47 pm, HL <moogle.l...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As the subject, I like the font he used for codes. It's not constant-
> width but better than constant-width fonts while presenting text.
> Netters, could you tell me the name of that font? I hope to use it in
> my writing. Thank you.

Erik Wikström

On 2008-11-13 08:01, sjin.75@gmail.com wrote:
> On Nov 12, 9:47 pm, HL <moogle.l...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> As the subject, I like the font he used for codes. It's not constant-
>> width but better than constant-width fonts while presenting text.
>> Netters, could you tell me the name of that font? I hope to use it in
>> my writing. Thank you.

> On page ii (which contains some info about the book like ISBN),
> I see the sentence "This book was typeset in Times and Courier by the
> author."

Please do not top-post.

To the OP: To clarify, the font is bold and italic Courier, which is a
fixed width font. Personally I find it a bit hard to read, probably
because of the italic.

--
Erik Wikström

Default User

Erik Wikström wrote:

> On 2008-11-13 08:01, sjin.75@gmail.com wrote:

> > On page ii (which contains some info about the book like ISBN),
> > I see the sentence "This book was typeset in Times and Courier by
> > the author."

> To the OP: To clarify, the font is bold and italic Courier, which is a
> fixed width font. Personally I find it a bit hard to read, probably
> because of the italic.

It doesn't look like Courier to me, at least in the 3rd edition. It
looks like Times italic. The only place I see anything that looks like
Courier is in the index.

Brian