comp.lang.python

Re: ANN: Strangle 0.3.0 DNS parsing library based on BIND9

Nick Craig-Wood

2/25/2008 12:30:00 PM

Jason Smith <jhs@proven-corporation.com> wrote:
> This message is to announce a python module, Strangle, which provides a
> convenient way for mere mortals to parse DNS packets in Python, based on
> the mature functionality of BIND 9.
>
> http://www.proven-corporation.com/software...
>
> Strangle allows you to see DNS messages in two ways:
>
> * Direct access to the libbind parsing routines (C-style)
> * A Python object with various meaningful attributes (OO-style)

Sounds very interesting!

How easy would it be to write a nameserver with this code? I looked
at the examples but I couldn't see one? Having a simple nameserver
written in python would be very useful indeed...

--
Nick Craig-Wood <nick@craig-wood.com> -- http://www.craig-woo...