comp.lang.c++

How to create a WSDL web service with C++ and gcc?

pcsuar

11/11/2008 6:13:00 PM

From the java world comes the very popular web services with WSDL interface.
Not surprising that almost all samples are shown with Java source.

Is it possible to create web services with C++ for gcc compiler as well?

If yes: Is there a way to create a C++ source template from a given WSDL interface definition?

Pablo

2 Answers

Paul

On 2008-11-11, Pablo Suarez <pcsuar@yahoo.com> wrote:
> From the java world comes the very popular web services with WSDL interface.
> Not surprising that almost all samples are shown with Java source.
>
> Is it possible to create web services with C++ for gcc compiler as well?
>
> If yes: Is there a way to create a C++ source template from a given WSDL interface definition?
>
> Pablo

Do a google search for gsoap, I believe this is what you are looking for.
--
Paul Cartier

r.grimm

On 11 Nov., 19:13, pcs...@yahoo.com (Pablo Suarez) wrote:
> From the java world comes the very popular web services with WSDL interface.
> Not surprising that almost all samples are shown with Java source.
>
> Is it possible to create web services with C++ for gcc compiler as well?
>
> If yes: Is there a way to create a C++ source template from a given WSDL interface definition?
>
> Pablo

Beside of gsoap, have a look at the axis implementation in c++:
http://ws.apache.org/axis/cpp/... .
Especially, if you are interested in advanced web service capabilities
like routing and security.

---
Greetings
Rainer Grimm