comp.lang.c++

Good Boooks and Tools on C++

Balaji_A

11/11/2008 10:23:00 AM

Hi there,

Would need help from some one on the following:
- Good Books that cover in C++ concepts mainly including STL.
- Tools in C++ that is used for e.g. to generate Class Diagrams, also
tools that can be used to reverse engineer C++ code and generate
documentation, etc.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards
- A. Balaji
2 Answers

Hendrik Schober

Balaji_A wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Would need help from some one on the following:
> - Good Books that cover in C++ concepts mainly including STL.

Go to www.accu.org. It seems they have their book review
section online again. Search for "STL" in title and follow
the recommendations.

For documentation generation look at www.doxygen.org.

> Your help is highly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Best Regards
> - A. Balaji

Schobi

G Kettleborough

Balaji_A wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Would need help from some one on the following:
> - Good Books that cover in C++ concepts mainly including STL.

I can personally recommend "The C++ Standard Library" by Josuttis.
Indeed, accu.org lists it as "highly recommended". I think that when you
said "STL" you meant "The C++ Standard Library" which includes (most of)
the STL plus a lot more (such as strings). This book covers the STL in
depth as well as the rest of the standard library.

--
George Kettleborough