comp.lang.python

Ruby with Netbeans question!

Steve

2/24/2008 11:27:00 AM

Hi all
Hope I`m ok posting a Netbeans query here?. I`m trying to learn Ruby
using the Netbeans IDE. It seems a pretty slick application but I`m
wondering if its possible to run a prog without creating a `new
project` each time?. I just want to be able to type in a few lines of
code and run it but it keeps running the `main project` which might be
an earlier prog I have written??. I`m sure the solution is staring me
in the face but would be grateful for any tips folk could provide.
Cheers
Steve
4 Answers

Steve

On Feb 24, 11:26 am, Steve <stevec...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> Hi all
> Hope I`m ok posting a Netbeans query here?. I`m trying to learn Ruby
> using the Netbeans IDE. It seems a pretty slick application but I`m
> wondering if its possible to run a prog without creating a `new
> project` each time?. I just want to be able to type in a few lines of
> code and run it but it keeps running the `main project` which might be
> an earlier prog I have written??. I`m sure the solution is staring me
> in the face but would be grateful for any tips folk could provide.
> Cheers
> Steve

Sorry folks wrong group!!.

Rich Rostrom

WolfBear <m4josh@gmail.com> wrote:

> After all, I might be wrong on this, but going off
> of my memory, wasn't the Battle of the Bulge the
> bloodiest European battle of World War II in which
> U.S. troops fought?

It depends on how one identifies a "battle". The
Ardennes was a six-week campaign in which 19,000
Americans were killed.

Normandy was a 12-week campaign in which 37,000
Americans were killed.

Ardennes was one of the largest distinct "battles"
of the war for the U.S.
--
The real Velvet Revolution - and the would-be hijacker.

http://originalvelvetrevo...

The Horny Goat

On Thu, 26 Jun 2014 00:06:35 -0500, Rich Rostrom
<rrostrom.21stcentury@rcn.com> wrote:

>WolfBear <m4josh@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> After all, I might be wrong on this, but going off
>> of my memory, wasn't the Battle of the Bulge the
>> bloodiest European battle of World War II in which
>> U.S. troops fought?
>
>It depends on how one identifies a "battle". The
>Ardennes was a six-week campaign in which 19,000
>Americans were killed.
>
>Normandy was a 12-week campaign in which 37,000
>Americans were killed.
>
>Ardennes was one of the largest distinct "battles"
>of the war for the U.S.

Don't forget the Hurtgen Forest with 30-35000 American KIA.

As for Normandy we all know when that campaign started but when it
ended is somewhat fuzzy. I'd define it (at least from the US point of
view) as the beginning of Cobra though most Canadians and Brits would
say it ended with the beginning of the Falaise battle.

Rich Rostrom

The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:

> Don't forget the Hurtgen Forest with 30-35000 American KIA.

Umm, total U.S. casualties in the Hürtgenwald
were only (!) 33,000. Total KIA in the
Siegfried Line Campaign were 8,157.

So the Hürtgenwald was bad, but not _that_ bad.