comp.lang.python

Interactive apps with Python

sledge

2/22/2008 3:58:00 AM

Folks,
I am trying to build an interactive test application. I
would like to generate interactive commands to an existing
server(ftpd)
so commands like ftp 192.68.20.1
ace>login: xxxx
ace >password : yyyy
I should be able to mimic human intervention. Is this possible in
perl.
I do not want to add delay's . I prefer synching with the server. I
know this is possible in Expect. Is there any other scripting language
this is possible in say Tcl/tk/Perl/Python/Ruby? What language do you
suggest for such application? this feature in addition with strong
parsing capabilities is what I am looking for.
Thanks in advance
Sunil
2 Answers

Michael Torrie

sunilkjin@gmail.com wrote:
> Folks,
> I am trying to build an interactive test application. I
> would like to generate interactive commands to an existing
> server(ftpd)
> so commands like ftp 192.68.20.1
> ace>login: xxxx
> ace >password : yyyy
> I should be able to mimic human intervention. Is this possible in
> perl.
> I do not want to add delay's . I prefer synching with the server. I
> know this is possible in Expect. Is there any other scripting language
> this is possible in say Tcl/tk/Perl/Python/Ruby? What language do you
> suggest for such application? this feature in addition with strong
> parsing capabilities is what I am looking for

Perhaps this would fit the bill:

http://www.noah.org/wi...

> Thanks in advance
> Sunil

sheldonlg

On 6/13/2014 9:33 AM, news wrote:
>>> Seriously, though, every exchange really doesn't need to be a
>> >
>> >It seems to be more of a South African thing. (BTW, all of my adult
>> >life has been away from New York).
> I've never come across it in South Africa. But I see quite a lot of
> it on this group from certain individuals.

Mirror, mirror on the wall.....

--
Shelly