comp.lang.python

Looking for up to date documentation for Python/Tkinter

solaris_1234

2/21/2008 3:48:00 PM

Oh wise usenet users,

Please speak unto me the URL which contain the latest documentation on
Python/Tkinter programming.

I have seen Fredrik Lundh's introduction to tkinter (and others) and
it appears to be for an earlier version of Python. I am working with
Python 2.5 and most doc I am finding are for Python 2.2 or earlier.

Many thanks
4 Answers

Kevin Walzer

Kintaro wrote:
> Oh wise usenet users,
>
> Please speak unto me the URL which contain the latest documentation on
> Python/Tkinter programming.
>
> I have seen Fredrik Lundh's introduction to tkinter (and others) and
> it appears to be for an earlier version of Python. I am working with
> Python 2.5 and most doc I am finding are for Python 2.2 or earlier.
>
> Many thanks

The documentation you've looked at should be perfectly valid. Tkinter
doesn't change much from one version of Python to the next.

Of course, Tk itself does change--the new release, 8.5, is a huge
update, adding platform-specific theming to better blend in. There's
tons of Tcl-specific documentation about that. There has been less
Tkinter-style documentation--this link might be of use:

http://tkinter.unpythonic.net/wiki/T...

--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin

Dan M

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 07:47:35 -0800, Kintaro wrote:

> Oh wise usenet users,
>
> Please speak unto me the URL which contain the latest documentation on
> Python/Tkinter programming.
>
> I have seen Fredrik Lundh's introduction to tkinter (and others) and
> it appears to be for an earlier version of Python. I am working with
> Python 2.5 and most doc I am finding are for Python 2.2 or earlier.
>
> Many thanks

One of my favorites is http://effbot.org/tk...

Rob Wolfe

Daniel Mahoney <dan@catfolks.net> writes:

> On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 07:47:35 -0800, Kintaro wrote:
>
>> Oh wise usenet users,
>>
>> Please speak unto me the URL which contain the latest documentation on
>> Python/Tkinter programming.
>>
>> I have seen Fredrik Lundh's introduction to tkinter (and others) and
>> it appears to be for an earlier version of Python. I am working with
>> Python 2.5 and most doc I am finding are for Python 2.2 or earlier.
>>
>> Many thanks
>
> One of my favorites is http://effbot.org/tk...

>>> 'Fredrik Lundh' == 'effbot'
True