comp.lang.python

Re: ROUNDING???

Daniel Fetchinson

2/19/2008 3:14:00 AM

> in python im doing the problem 255/494

Try this:

>>> 255.0/494.0
0.51619433198380571
>>> float(255)/float(494)
0.51619433198380571

> it keeps giving me 0 instead of .51....
> what am i doing wrong?

Nothing, integer division is not wrong :)

> please help me I have been looking for hours

sheldonlg

On 6/10/2014 9:31 AM, news wrote:
>> Your statements are made implying you have knowledge of Judaism. We
> We?

Hello Evertjan.

--
Shelly

Joel C. Salomon

On Tuesday, June 10, 2014 9:31:12 AM UTC-4, news wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Jun 2014 05:46:10 +0000 (UTC), "Asher_N" wrote:
> > Your statements are made implying you have knowledge of Judaism. We
> > simply want to know where that knowledge was aquired. It's a valid
> > question. And not answering it will simply re-enforce our view that you
> > have no Jewish education and/or knowledge.
>
> Your question somehow suggests that you're qualified to question and
> assess my Jewish education/knowledge. Until I see some evidence of
> your own verifiable, peer-reviewed Jewish education, you're not really
> in a position to question mine, are you?

Your posts demonstrate either severe ignorance about Judaism, or a highly idiosyncratic view of it. The questions are appropriate in determining how to respond to you.

--Joel

Evertjan.

Shelly <sheldonlg@thevillages.net> wrote on 10 jun 2014 in
soc.culture.jewish.moderated:

> On 6/10/2014 9:31 AM, news wrote:
>>> Your statements are made implying you have knowledge of Judaism. We
>> We?
>
> Hello Evertjan.

Sholem, Shelly.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Asher Nathan

"news" <news@fx07.iad.highwinds-media.com> wrote in

>>Your statements are made implying you have knowledge of Judaism. We
>
> We?
>
>>simply want to know where that knowledge was aquired. It's a valid
>>question. And not answering it will simply re-enforce our view that
>>you have no Jewish education and/or knowledge.
>
> Your question somehow suggests that you're qualified to question and
> assess my Jewish education/knowledge. Until I see some evidence of
> your own verifiable, peer-reviewed Jewish education, you're not really
> in a position to question mine, are you?
>
> --
> Francis Xavier Turlough
> University of the Witwatersrand
> Johannesburg
> South Africa

I am but a babe in knowledge compared to a lot of posters here. But then
again, I don't make it a habit of putting forth opinions on things I know
nothing about. And yes, I am qualified to judge your Jewish education. IN
the same way that if a stranger told me he was a medical professional, I
would be qualified to ask for his credentials and assess them.

You make odd statements about Judaism. We're just trying to figure where
you're coming from.Posters who have been around a while know my
background.

--
AsherN