comp.lang.python

Python 3.0

Blubaugh, David A.

2/18/2008 5:32:00 PM

Is there a logical reason why Python 3 is not backwards compatible?

David Blubaugh

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Hart [mailto:goodwillhart@googlemail.com]
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2008 7:44 PM
To: Blubaugh, David A.
Subject: Re: scary thought for consideration

I don't know, it's in alpha now apparently and is not backwards
compatible.

Bill.

On 16/02/2008, Blubaugh, David A. <dblubaugh@belcan.com> wrote:
> When will Python 3 be available?
>
> Thanks,
>
> David

3 Answers

Bruno Desthuilliers

Blubaugh, David A. a écrit :
> Is there a logical reason why Python 3 is not backwards compatible?

Yes : cleaning up some cruft and warts accumulated from the years.

Evertjan.

mm <mm2005@bigfoot.com> wrote on 09 jun 2014 in soc.culture.jewish.moderated:

>>When saying "our" and not meaning the NG,
>>one should specify the context.
>
> Others can always ask. As you did.

True.

However, you only can when the posting is recent.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

sheldonlg

On 6/9/2014 3:03 PM, Evertjan. wrote:
> mm <mm2005@bigfoot.com> wrote on 09 jun 2014 in soc.culture.jewish.moderated:
>
>>> When saying "our" and not meaning the NG,
>>> one should specify the context.
>>
>> Others can always ask. As you did.
>
> True.
>
> However, you only can when the posting is recent.

Why? So long as the poster to whom you are responding still posts here
(so that you can get an answer), what is stopping you from asking about
an old post? If that poster is not here any longer, what is preventing
you from _asking_?

--
Shelly