comp.lang.c++

Why I can't get the correct result

I am a student learning C language, I know many of you are good at it.
I need your help.Thank you.
I want to type in a to choose addition, butI can't get the result.
#include <stdio.h>
int main()
{
char character;
float fnum,snum;
printf("Please type in a number:\n");
scanf("%f%f",&fnum,&snum);
printf("Please type in another number:\n");
scanf("%f",&snum);
printf("Enter a select character: ");
printf("\n a for addition");
printf("\n b for multiplication");
printf("\n c for division");
scanf("%c",&character);

switch (character)
{
case 'a':
printf("The sum of the number entered is %6.3f\n",fnum+snum);
break;
case 'b':
printf("The product of the numbers entered is %6.3f\n",fnum*snum);
break;
case 'c':
if(snum != 0.0)
printf("The first number divided by the second is %6.3f\n",fnum/
snum);
else
printf("Division by zero is not allowed\n");
break;
}

return 0;

}
2 Answers

Zeppe

348892813@qq.com wrote:
> I am a student learning C language, I know many of you are good at it.
> I need your help.Thank you.
> I want to type in a to choose addition, butI can't get the result.
> #include <stdio.h>
> int main()
> {
> char character;
> float fnum,snum;
> printf("Please type in a number:\n");
> scanf("%f%f",&fnum,&snum);
> printf("Please type in another number:\n");
> scanf("%f",&snum);
> printf("Enter a select character: ");
> printf("\n a for addition");
> printf("\n b for multiplication");
> printf("\n c for division");
> scanf("%c",&character);

are you sure you are reading the values correctly? You won't get the
correct result if you don't retrieve the correct values. Try to print
them out to check them.

Best wishes,

Zeppe

Obnoxious User

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 01:55:23 -0700, 348892813 wrote:

> I am a student learning C language, I know many of you are good at it. I
> need your help.Thank you.

comp.lang.c

--
OU
Remember 18th of June 2008, Democracy died that afternoon.