comp.lang.python

noobie question regarding installing a package

Ancient_Hacker

2/13/2008 4:07:00 PM

HI, I'm trying to install NumPy and the instructions say:

python setup.py install

When I try that it says, unhelpfully:

"This is the wrong setup.py"

So what does this mean, and what is the right setup.py?

Thanks,

grg

5 Answers

Dennis Lee Bieber

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 08:07:15 -0800 (PST), A_H <grg2@comcast.net>

> HI, I'm trying to install NumPy and the instructions say:
>
> python setup.py install
>
> When I try that it says, unhelpfully:
>
> "This is the wrong setup.py"
>
> So what does this mean, and what is the right setup.py?

So what version of Python do you have installed, and what is the
full name of the NumPy installer you have.

My guess would be that you may have, say, Python2.5, but have a
NumPy installer created for Python2.4...
--
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber KD6MOG
wlfraed@ix.netcom.com wulfraed@bestiaria.com

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, aka Comandante Banana

On Apr 9, 9:57 pm, Wet Paper Bag <ultimate.henchman....@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On 9 Apr, 12:27, "His Highness the Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble
>
> Philosopher" <thetibetanmon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I think there's plenty to worry about North Korea, and not only South
> > Korea. They could export those WMDs to terrorists around the world and
> > we all know how how they will use them.
>
> how? like animals... or professionals? you know, surgical.
>
> > One take on it is that the guy is paranoid, while others may argue
> > that the unprovoked invasion of Iraq gave rise to every petty tyrant
> > trying to arm himself with real WMDs.
>
> c'mon now. that may or may not be fact but let us consider the Jew
> machine the world is responsible for allowing to continue
> existence...
>
> > Notice those that went around with the bumper stickers "We support the
> > troops," never say "We support dropping a nuke on North Korea." For
> > one, they could wipe a good chunk of the American troops in the area
> > with one strike. And imagine the economic consequences of it. The guy
> > could go out with a big bang, and whole thing may be inspired by fear.
>
> that is the point monkey. it only takes one in minesweeper.
>
> > But I'm not worrying about it. The world is pretty sad the way it is.
> > Only the vultures are happy.
>
> awesome... but no one else is...
>
> Lucifer

See, I give you every opportunity to shine, or at least to assume your
support role, and you blow it.

The biggest military machine in history is mobilizing and you say
nobody is worrying. You will lose your sleep if all hell breaks
loose.

In my Wisdom of the Jungle --which I humbly propose-- you prepare for
the worst while you keep having fun. That's what you try to do anyway
when things fall apart right before your eyes.

rst0wxyz

On Apr 9, 11:26 am, "His Highness the Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble
Philosopher" <thetibetanmon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Nah!!!
> > N. Korea can do a lot huffing and puffing, but N. Korea can only scare
> > themslves.
>
> I think there's plenty to worry about North Korea, and not only South
> Korea. They could export those WMDs to terrorists around the world and
> we all know how how they will use them.

North Korea is a hermit kingdom. Nobody believes in them.
Nobody wants them.

Only China takes petty them and helps them a little.

> One take on it is that the guy is paranoid, while others may argue
> that the unprovoked invasion of Iraq gave rise to every petty tyrant
> trying to arm himself with real WMDs.

Yes, the invasion of Iraq gave rise to chaos in this world.

> Notice those that went around with the bumper stickers "We support the
> troops," never say "We support dropping a nuke on North Korea." For
> one, they could wipe a good chunk of the American troops in the area
> with one strike. And imagine the economic consequences of it. The guy
> could go out with a big bang, and whole thing may be inspired by fear.

Of the U.S. yes!! yes!!

> But I'm not worrying about it. The world is pretty sad the way it is.
> Only the vultures are happy.

Yes!! yes!!

On Apr 10, 11:58 am, rst0 <rst0w...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Apr 9, 11:26 am, "His Highness the Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble
>
> Philosopher" <thetibetanmon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Nah!!!
> > > N. Korea can do a lot huffing and puffing, but N. Korea can only scare
> > > themslves.
>
> > I think there's plenty to worry about North Korea, and not only South
> > Korea. They could export those WMDs to terrorists around the world and
> > we all know how how they will use them.
>
> North Korea is a hermit kingdom.  Nobody believes in them.
> Nobody wants them.
>
> Only China takes petty them and helps them a little.
>

> > One take on it is that the guy is paranoid, while others may argue
> > that the unprovoked invasion of Iraq gave rise to every petty tyrant
> > trying to arm himself with real WMDs.
>
> Yes, the invasion of Iraq gave rise to chaos in this world.
>

> > Notice those that went around with the bumper stickers "We support the
> > troops," never say "We support dropping a nuke on North Korea." For
> > one, they could wipe a good chunk of the American troops in the area
> > with one strike. And imagine the economic consequences of it. The guy
> > could go out with a big bang, and whole thing may be inspired by fear.
>
> Of the U.S.  yes!! yes!!
>

> > But I'm not worrying about it. The world is pretty sad the way it is.
> > Only the vultures are happy.
>
> Yes!! yes!!

They probably knew they were "manipulating the truth," but they
figured they would be retired by the time we would pay the
consequences. That's an issue we have with "democracy" --taking turns
at power-- where nobody is responsible for anything.

So here we are, in the middle of the deep jungle, trying to survive
one more day. The snakes are trying to swallow the sheep, the vultures
are hovering above us and the mosquitoes are biting. The mosquito --
the true king of the jungle-- is a formidable enemy.

Will we be able to come out of the jungle? We may, but we have to try
hard and have the right strategy.

On Apr 12, 11:35 am, Tim <8.tim.har...@gmail.com> wrote:
> wow... yeah.. the kids are at it again monkey... korea should worry...
> apparently even CBC knows that they plan the launch this week...
> hahaha... and there is buddy all paranoid now... how do they know...
> how do they know... hey wait a minute they are trying to trick me into
> launching... hahaha... yeah, that is exactly what he is thinking... go
> masons... hahaha...
>
> you already know Hell is your destination Jewboys and girls... you
> know it... and now... taking up a book on child psychology and
> intergation 101 what to expect them to say and do... fill in those
> natures... hahaha...
>
> cheers!
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m...
>
> Lucifer

Well, I don't know. Maybe is just another distraction --by Kim as much
as by the Western media-- but I don't see as much enthusiasm as with
Iraq. Remember those bumper stickers of "I support the troops"?
Patriotism is not what it used to be.

Anyway, maybe we should throw an "End of the World Party"! That we
catch them by surprise because we should be worried not happy. But we
are not really happy. We just enjoy those last days before the end,
just like in Hitler's bunker. After we are gone Nature and Time will
take of restoring everything to its pristine state. Have you heard
about the new fauna at Chernobyl's site?

Do you have a radioactive meter? They should be on E-Bay. I'm not
listening to the news in any case.