[ANN] Initial release of gem_grep, a gem command plugin

ghorner

I've written a gem command plugin, gem grep. You'll need the latest
rubygems v 1.3.2 to try it out.
gem grep enhances gem search in three ways:

1. Displays results in a well formatted ascii table. Allowing for
detail while still maintaining one gem per line.
2. Specify a list of any gemspec attributes you'd like to see for the
results want to see with a --columns option.
3. For local searches, search any number of gemspec attributes with a
--fields option.

Some examples: http://tagaholic.me/2009/04/23/how-to-write-a-rubygem-command-plugin.htm...
Homepage: http://github.com/cldwalke...

Install it with: gem source -a http://gems.... && sudo gem
install cldwalker-gem_grep

Enjoy!
Gabriel
4 Answers

Ryan Davis

On Apr 24, 2009, at 13:00 , ghorner wrote:

> Install it with: gem source -a http://gems.... && sudo gem
> install cldwalker-gem_grep

This is awesome, but can you release it as a real gem?

ghorner

On Apr 24, 5:55 pm, Ryan Davis <ryand-r...@zenspider.com> wrote:
> On Apr 24, 2009, at 13:00 , ghorner wrote:
>
> > Install it with: gem source -ahttp://gems.github.com... sudo gem
> > install cldwalker-gem_grep
>
> This is awesome, but can you release it as a real gem?

Glad you like it. :) The above install should work for anyone.
By real gem I guess you mean putting it up on rubyforge? I'll drop it
on there soon.

ghorner

On Apr 24, 6:22 pm, cldwalker <gabriel.hor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 24, 5:55 pm, Ryan Davis <ryand-r...@zenspider.com> wrote:
>
> > On Apr 24, 2009, at 13:00 , ghorner wrote:
>
> > > Install it with: gem source -ahttp://gems.github.com&... gem
> > > install cldwalker-gem_grep
>
> > This is awesome, but can you release it as a real gem?
>
> Glad you like it. :) The above install should work for anyone.
> By real gem I guess you mean putting it up on rubyforge? I'll drop it
> on there soon.

For the rubyforge inclined, you can try this plugin with: sudo gem
install gem_grep

Ryan Davis

On Apr 25, 2009, at 16:35 , cldwalker wrote:

> For the rubyforge inclined, you can try this plugin with: sudo gem
> install gem_grep

YAY! thanks!