Joe Gutierrez

4/24/2009 6:15:00 PM

There's a method in Ruby's net/ftp library called list/ls. Does anyone
have a list (or can someone point me to a place that has a list) of all
possible arguments that you can pass to ls?

--
Joseph Gutierrez
Web Developer - Inc21

believed to be clean.

30 Answers

Ben Lovell

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 7:14 PM, Joe Gutierrez <jgutierrez@inc21.com> wrote:

> There's a method in Ruby's net/ftp library called list/ls. Does anyone have
> a list (or can someone point me to a place that has a list) of all possible
> arguments that you can pass to ls?
> --
> Joseph Gutierrez

You can pass anything you want as it isn't checked. I don't think the FTP
protocol actually specifies any arguments for LIST/LS. If you're asking
which arguments are going to actually produce a meaningful result, I'm not
sure where to point you.

Regards,
Ben

Giampaolo Rodola'

On 24 Apr, 21:45, Ben Lovell <benjamin.lov...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [Note:  parts of this message were removed to make it a legal post.]
>
> On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 7:14 PM, Joe Gutierrez <jgutier...@inc21.com> wrote:
> > There's a method in Ruby's net/ftp library called list/ls. Does anyone have
> > a list (or can someone point me to a place that has a list) of all possible
> > arguments that you can pass to ls?
> > --
> > Joseph Gutierrez
>
> You can pass anything you want as it isn't checked. I don't think the FTP
> protocol actually specifies any arguments for LIST/LS. If you're asking
> which arguments are going to actually produce a meaningful result, I'm not
> sure where to point you.
>
> Regards,
> Ben

FTP's LIST, NLST, MLSD and MLST commands accept an argument which
represents the *path*.
If you send something like "LIST foo" the content of the directory
"foo" will be returned.

--- Giampaolo
http://code.google.com/p/...

Ben Lovell

On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 8:20 PM, Giampaolo Rodola' <gnewsg@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 24 Apr, 21:45, Ben Lovell <benjamin.lov...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > [Note: parts of this message were removed to make it a legal post.]
> >
> > On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 7:14 PM, Joe Gutierrez <jgutier...@inc21.com>
> wrote:
> > > There's a method in Ruby's net/ftp library called list/ls. Does anyone
> have
> > > a list (or can someone point me to a place that has a list) of all
> possible
> > > arguments that you can pass to ls?
> > > --
> > > Joseph Gutierrez
> >
> > You can pass anything you want as it isn't checked. I don't think the FTP
> > protocol actually specifies any arguments for LIST/LS. If you're asking
> > which arguments are going to actually produce a meaningful result, I'm
> not
> > sure where to point you.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Ben
>
> FTP's LIST, NLST, MLSD and MLST commands accept an argument which
> represents the *path*.
> If you send something like "LIST foo" the content of the directory
> "foo" will be returned.
>

> --- Giampaolo
> http://code.google.com/p/...

Of course it does. I should have been clearer in my response :) Apart from
the obvious path argument, I'm not aware of any others ;)

Ben

Jeff

On Oct 17, 11:55 am, Donna <tom.r...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> On Oct 17, 3:25 am, Fattuchus <fattuc...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > Applause.  Nice to see another poster here sees the light.
>
> > I can't understand how someone can be a Beatles fan or a Lennon fan
> > and not see Yoko for what she is.
>
> You really can't understand how someone can be a fan?  When I think of
> The Beatles, Yoko is not part of the equation... well, not usually,
> anyway.  She really doesn't stand out for me in any way... well, other
> than the fact that she was part of May's life and that she's often the
> main topic on this newsgroup.  My thoughts are basically that she was
> John's 2nd wife... she's offbeat... avant-garde... she sings funny...
> stuff happened.  That's about it for me.
>
> > There's a saying:  all that evil needs to succeed is for good men to
> > remain silent.  Too many here remain silent and even attack the Yoko
> > critics.
>
> I always wondered what your goal is here in trying to convince others
> that Yoko is so evil.  What is it that you want them to feel or to
> do?  From what you wrote, above, it sounds as if you don't want them
> to be silent about it.  But is that all you want, or is it something
> more?  And even if they're vocal about it, what will that accomplish?
>
> In trying to understand this, I can say that, for myself, it was
> irritating to read gushing praise for Mrs. Harrison, knowing the
> whacky and cruel things that she did which was well-hidden from the
> general public.

I know you won't go on and on about it Donna, so do you mind me
asking you....what Miss Harrison did? Thanks.

Donna

On Oct 17, 1:24 pm, "who?" <yourimageunre...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I know you won't go on and on about it Donna, so do you mind me
> asking you....what Miss Harrison did?

For many reasons, I won't get into it. Sorry, Jeff.

Although there were times when I felt I would burst at the seams here,
at this point, I'd rather move on and let karma work itself out. I
was just using this as a way to connect with fattuchus' feelings for
Yoko.

BLACKPOOLJIMMY

On Oct 17, 12:55 pm, Donna <tom.r...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> [...]
>

> > Applause.  Nice to see another poster here sees the light.
>
> > I can't understand how someone can be a Beatles fan or a Lennon fan
> > and not see Yoko for what she is.
>
> You really can't understand how someone can be a fan?  When I think of
> The Beatles, Yoko is not part of the equation... well, not usually,
> anyway.  She really doesn't stand out for me in any way... well, other
> than the fact that she was part of May's life and that she's often the
> main topic on this newsgroup.  My thoughts are basically that she was
> John's 2nd wife... she's offbeat... avant-garde... she sings funny...
> stuff happened.  That's about it for me.
>
> > There's a saying:  all that evil needs to succeed is for good men to
> > remain silent.  Too many here remain silent and even attack the Yoko
> > critics.
>
> I always wondered what your goal is here in trying to convince others
> that Yoko is so evil.  What is it that you want them to feel or to
> do?  From what you wrote, above, it sounds as if you don't want them
> to be silent about it.  But is that all you want, or is it something
> more?  And even if they're vocal about it, what will that accomplish?
>
> In trying to understand this, I can say that, for myself, it was
> irritating to read gushing praise for Mrs. Harrison, knowing the
> whacky and cruel things that she did which was well-hidden from the
> general public.  However, they were mostly just brief statements of
> mine here, borne out of momentary bursts of frustration when I'd
> sometimes read a post from somebody who would say how classy and
> wonderful she is, deceived and unaware of many of the facts, some of
> which are documented.  But I wasn't on a mission to be the one to
> expose her or to get the newsgroup or the public to turn on her.  My
> feeling is that, spiritually, what she does is ultimately between her
> and her God, and life plays out just as it should.
>
> And so I feel the same regarding Yoko.  Whatever it is that happened,
> she will someday have to face whatever it is that she did... and,
> again, life played out just as it should.  Her personal thought
> process, her deeds, and her relationship with John is not necessarily
> for outsiders to comprehend or to judge.  A lot of it was made public,
> however, and you can react to it, but you can't expect others to feel
> what you do, or with the same intensity.  You have a reason for so
> strongly feeling the way you do, and many of us here don't understand
> it.  And that's okay since you may not fully understand it, yourself.
> But it's your thing, not ours.  After years of talking about her here,
> not much has changed in the way of swaying a lot of posters over to
> your point of view.  So why go on?  And why would the opinion of
> others even matter so much to you?  What are you looking for them to
> do with the information that you present?  Really, I'm just curious,
> fattuchus.  No disrespect intended here.

Excellent post..looking forward to fatt's reply...besides the "it's
Beatle related, so Yoko is fair game" response. What could possibly
drive her year to year diatribe?

Billy

> [...]
> again, life played out just as it should.  Her personal thought
> process, her deeds, and her relationship with John is not necessarily
> for outsiders to comprehend or to judge.  A lot of it was made public,
> however, and you can react to it, but you can't expect others to feel
> what you do, or with the same intensity.  You have a reason for so
> strongly feeling the way you do, and many of us here don't understand
> it.  And that's okay since you may not fully understand it, yourself.
> But it's your thing, not ours.  After years of talking about her here,
> not much has changed in the way of swaying a lot of posters over to
> your point of view.  So why go on?  And why would the opinion of
> others even matter so much to you?  What are you looking for them to
> do with the information that you present?  Really, I'm just curious,
> fattuchus.  No disrespect intended here.

Hi. You express a lot if feelings in this post. You weren't writing
to me, but I did want to.mention that other people don't have to share
your feelings. I don't see why anyone should be expected to agree
that everything Yoko did is "between herself and her god,"I for
example. You might be fine with whatever Yoko does, and confident God
is, too. Nut is that a reason for others to feel the same way?
Don't others, possibly others who know more about Yoko than you, have
the right to believe differently? Even to be rubbed the wrong way by
some of Yoko's doings?

Jeff

On Oct 17, 5:24 pm, Billy <billybartlet...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > not much has changed in the way of swaying a lot of posters over to
> > your point of view.  So why go on?  And why would the opinion of
> > others even matter so much to you?  What are you looking for them to
> > do with the information that you present?  Really, I'm just curious,
> > fattuchus.  No disrespect intended here.
>
> Hi.  You express a lot if feelings in this post.  You weren't writing
> to me, but I did want to.mention that other people don't have to share
> your feelings.  I don't see why anyone should be expected to agree
> that everything Yoko did is "between herself and her god,"I for
> example.  You might be fine with whatever Yoko does, and confident God
> is, too.  Nut is that a reason for others to feel the same way?
> Don't others, possibly others who know more about Yoko than you, have
> the right to believe differently?  Even to be rubbed the wrong way by

It's not that we mind hearing about Yoko from time to time. The
problem
is when posters keep saying the same thing over and over a million
times about her. We get it...already. Got it a long time ago.

Donna

On Oct 17, 6:24 pm, Billy <billybartlet...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > not much has changed in the way of swaying a lot of posters over to
> > your point of view.  So why go on?  And why would the opinion of
> > others even matter so much to you?  What are you looking for them to
> > do with the information that you present?  Really, I'm just curious,
> > fattuchus.  No disrespect intended here.
>
> Hi.  You express a lot if feelings in this post.  You weren't writing
> to me, but I did want to.mention that other people don't have to share
> your feelings.  I don't see why anyone should be expected to agree
> that everything Yoko did is "between herself and her god,"I for
> example.  You might be fine with whatever Yoko does, and confident God
> is, too.  Nut is that a reason for others to feel the same way?
> Don't others, possibly others who know more about Yoko than you, have
> the right to believe differently?  Even to be rubbed the wrong way by

Of course! I was trying to relate for my own understanding, but I
wasn't expecting anyone to share my feelings or agree with how I see
it. Not in the least. And not expecting others to share the same
feelings or trying to convince them of anything is kind of the point.
I don't think you were really comprehending my questions. Being that
she brought up the saying, "All that evil needs to succeed is for good
men to remain silent," I'm just curious as to what Fattuchus
ultimately hopes to accomplish here.

Donna

On Oct 17, 5:01 pm, BLACKPOOLJIMMY <Blackpoolji...@aol.com> wrote:

> Excellent post..looking forward to fatt's reply...besides the "it's
> Beatle related, so Yoko is fair game" response. What could possibly
> drive her year to year diatribe?

Well, I do agree that she is fair game since this is a Beatles
discussion group and Yoko was part of Beatle history. That still
holds true.

So how are you doing, Jim? I miss you. I haven't seen you for a
whole two weeks! :)