[ANN] bitRip

Are you tired of permanently browsing a long way through jam-packed
websites, just to get to a few small bits of interesting information?
Wouldn't it be nice to have a clear page with only these bits on it?
Reachable with one click? And lightweight enough for mobile use?

Enter bitRip: http://codez...

BitRip displays selected bits from websites. Once you defined how to
get them, you may access them directly with a single link. Saving this
link in your bookmarks will give you quick access to the desired
information.

Technically, bitRip is Scrubyt on Rails. In three simple steps, it
works like this:

1. Get the XPaths of the desired HTML elements to define an extractor.
2. Edit and store it in the wiki style bitRip directory.
3. Access the results directly. Anytime. Anywhere.

Without all the clutter.

2 Answers

Donna

On Oct 17, 11:42 am, richforman <rforma...@msn.com> wrote:
> On Oct 17, 3:31 am, Stephen  X. Carter <steve@[127.0.0.1]> wrote:
>
> > <http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2049734/Found-Letter-Paul-M...
>
> > Includes....
>
> > "Dear Sir’.
>
> > He then writes: ‘In reply to your advertisement in Echo, Wed. night, we
>
> > would like to offer you an audition for the position of drummer in the
> > group.
>
> > ‘You will, however, need to be free soon for a trip to Hamburg (expenses
> > paid £18 per week (approx.) for 2 months.) If interested, ring Jacaranda
> > club, Slater St. [ROYAL 65’64] and ask for either a member of the
> > ‘BEATLES’ Alan Williams [sic], or else leave a message, stating when you
> > will be available.
>
> > ‘Yours sincerely, Paul McCartney of THE BEATLES.’"
>
> > Quite a find!
>
> > --
> > steve.hat.stephencarter.not.com.but.net
> > Nothing is Beatle Proof!!
> > Mr Kite posters and more athttp://www.zazzle.c...*
> > Mr Kite posters and more athttp://www.zazzle.co....*
>
> Fascinating!  And a big tease - makes you wish you knew the whole
> story of how the letter made its way over the years from Paul's
> scribbling it to the auction house today.    I guess some real hotshot
> investigator if they were really motivated could possibly backtrack to
> find who placed the classified ad that they were apparently responding
> to - that would be the drummer to whom the letter was addressed, and
> that person might be able to tell the rest of the story (assuming he
> got the letter).
>
> richforman-

It's possible that this guy was looking for a bookmark, absent-
mindedly used that note to hold the page, and then forgot about it....
later wondering where the heck he put that note with all the
information.

Stephen X. Carter

On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 08:42:15 -0700 (PDT), richforman <rforman61@msn.com>
wrote:

>On Oct 17, 3:31?am, Stephen X. Carter <steve@[127.0.0.1]> wrote:
>> <http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2049734/Found-Letter-Paul-...
>>
>> Includes....
>>
>> "Dear Sir?.
>>
>> He then writes: ?In reply to your advertisement in Echo, Wed. night, we
>>
>> would like to offer you an audition for the position of drummer in the
>> group.
>>
>> ?You will, however, need to be free soon for a trip to Hamburg (expenses
>> paid ?18 per week (approx.) for 2 months.) If interested, ring Jacaranda
>> club, Slater St. [ROYAL 65?64] and ask for either a member of the
>> ?BEATLES? Alan Williams [sic], or else leave a message, stating when you
>> will be available.
>>
>> ?Yours sincerely, Paul McCartney of THE BEATLES.?"
>>
>> Quite a find!
>>

>Fascinating! And a big tease - makes you wish you knew the whole
>story of how the letter made its way over the years from Paul's
>scribbling it to the auction house today. I guess some real hotshot
>investigator if they were really motivated could possibly backtrack to
>find who placed the classified ad that they were apparently responding
>to - that would be the drummer to whom the letter was addressed, and
>that person might be able to tell the rest of the story (assuming he
>got the letter).

As most folk know, Mark Lewison is a long way down the route of his many
volumed story of The Beatles. He deals with Primary sources like this.
I'm wondering when he found out about this letter, and if it was in time
to include the account and what happened in his book. We'll know before
too long.