"uninitialized constant Nokogiri (NameError)"

Yooakim

4/23/2009 6:52:00 PM

I'm trying a very simple Ruby program:

require 'nokogiri'

doc = Nokogiri::XML(File.open("Alla.xml"))

Whenever I run this I get "uninitialized constant Nokogiri
(NameError)"

Nokogiri is installed as far as I know, here's my "gem list" output:

c:\dev>gem list

*** LOCAL GEMS ***

fxri (0.3.7, 0.3.6)
fxruby (1.6.19, 1.6.12)
hpricot (0.8.1, 0.6)
log4r (1.0.5)
nokogiri (1.2.3)
ptools (1.1.6)
rake (0.8.4, 0.7.3)
rubygems-update (1.3.2)
sources (0.0.1)
test-unit (2.0.2)
win32-api (1.4.0, 1.0.4)
win32-clipboard (0.4.4, 0.4.3)
win32-dir (0.3.3, 0.3.2)
win32-eventlog (0.5.0, 0.4.6)
win32-file (0.6.1, 0.5.4)
win32-file-stat (1.3.3, 1.2.7)
win32-process (0.6.0, 0.5.3)
win32-sapi (0.1.4)
win32-sound (0.4.1)
windows-api (0.3.0, 0.2.0)
windows-pr (1.0.2, 0.7.2)

I would be very glad if anyone could help me find out why this doesn't
work?

I'm a seasoned computer user but new to Ruby... so any pointers are
welcome. I'm using Ruby 1.8.6

c:\dev>ruby --version

Cheers,
Joakim
7 Answers

Gregory Brown

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 2:55 PM, Yooakim <yooakim@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying a very simple Ruby program:
>
> =A0require 'nokogiri'
>
> =A0doc =3D Nokogiri::XML(File.open("Alla.xml"))

try:

require "rubygems"
require "nokogiri"

#...

On Ruby 1.8.x, Rubygems needs to be explicitly enabled.

-greg

Phlip

Yooakim wrote:

> I'm trying a very simple Ruby program:
>
> require 'nokogiri'

Google would have instantly lead you to:

require 'rubygems'
require 'nokogiri'

Eric Hodel

On Apr 23, 2009, at 11:55, Yooakim wrote:

> I'm trying a very simple Ruby program:
>
> require 'nokogiri'
>
> doc = Nokogiri::XML(File.open("Alla.xml"))
>

> Whenever I run this I get "uninitialized constant Nokogiri
> (NameError)"

Let me guess, you named your program 'nokogiri.rb', don't do that.

Brad Greer

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 08:11:01 -0500, bzlrbi@aaool.com wrote:

>On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 19:48:51 -0500, "Velvet Jones" <Velvet@Jones.org>
>wrote:
>
>>"Bzl." <bzlrbi@aolaol.com> wrote in message

>>---
>>> So, thise weren't great because you have seen them before? Gee, how
>>> bad for you. Furthur fans, on the other hand, loved it.
>>
>>So I'm not a Further fan by your "special" standard? Bizarre.

>>----
>>> That's 2 or 3 less 10ths than everyone else I know who attended.
>>> Sounds like the whole show completely cooked. Wish I had made it.
>>
>>Are you trying to make me feel a certain way for some personal reason?
>>Bizarre.
>>
>>7/10 is pretty good by my standard. It was a real nice show.
>
>I give your review 3/10.

I was at the show as well, I think the 7/10 is a pretty fair rating.
The first set was very hot, Larry's fiddle work on Uncle John's was
excellent and the Box of Rain was outstanding. The second set didn't
have the intensity of the first, although there were definite good
moments - the Keep Your Lamps was very nice (I haven't been to a
Ramble), Theresa's vocals were spot-on.

I had a good time, some of the music was very, very good, but rating
the show a 9 or a 10 is way over the top.

3jane.

On Nov 14, 10:26 pm, Brad Greer <jjh110...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I was at the show as well, I think the 7/10 is a pretty fair rating.
> The first set was very hot, Larry's fiddle work on Uncle John's was
> excellent and the Box of Rain was outstanding.  The second set didn't
> have the intensity of the first, although there were definite good
> moments - the Keep Your Lamps was very nice (I haven't been to a
> Ramble), Theresa's vocals were spot-on.
>
> I had a good time, some of the music was very, very good, but rating
> the show a  9 or a 10 is way over the top.

I've heard from reliable sources that the 2nd set in Atlantic City
kicked some serious ass, w/a Viola Lee club sandwich and H>S>F among
other treats.

Bzl.

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 19:59:16 -0800 (PST), "3jane." <q3jane@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>On Nov 14, 10:26?pm, Brad Greer <jjh110...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> I was at the show as well, I think the 7/10 is a pretty fair rating.
>> The first set was very hot, Larry's fiddle work on Uncle John's was
>> excellent and the Box of Rain was outstanding. ?The second set didn't
>> have the intensity of the first, although there were definite good
>> moments - the Keep Your Lamps was very nice (I haven't been to a
>> Ramble), Theresa's vocals were spot-on.
>>
>> I had a good time, some of the music was very, very good, but rating
>> the show a ?9 or a 10 is way over the top.
>
>I've heard from reliable sources that the 2nd set in Atlantic City
>kicked some serious ass, w/a Viola Lee club sandwich and H>S>F among
>other treats.

This is true. And a Dew > Rider to close the set. Vicious set. Of
course we didn't have to suffer through any guest stars doing special
material ###.

Velvet Jones

"3jane." <q3jane@yahoo.com> wrote in message
On Nov 14, 10:26 pm, Brad Greer <jjh110...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I was at the show as well, I think the 7/10 is a pretty fair rating.
> The first set was very hot, Larry's fiddle work on Uncle John's was
> excellent and the Box of Rain was outstanding. The second set didn't
> have the intensity of the first, although there were definite good
> moments - the Keep Your Lamps was very nice (I haven't been to a
> Ramble), Theresa's vocals were spot-on.
>
> I had a good time, some of the music was very, very good, but rating
> the show a 9 or a 10 is way over the top.

>I've heard from reliable sources that the 2nd set in Atlantic City
>kicked some serious ass, w/a Viola Lee club sandwich and H>S>F among
>other treats.

I haven't been to a show where a VLB was played in a long time, it's among
my favorites.

--
VJ
-Who among us has not dreamed of faraway places and intertwined lovers?