comp.lang.c++

Problems posting to comp.lang.c++.moderated

Joe Gottman

10/26/2008 10:53:00 PM

I have tried to post messages to comp.lang.c++.moderated three times
over the last two weeks. Not only have the messages not appeared, but I
didn't get the autoreply I usually get from them. Is there something
wrong with their software? If not, how do I post to that newsgroup so
that it is received.

Joe Gottman
1 Answer

Victor Bazarov

Joe Gottman wrote:
> I have tried to post messages to comp.lang.c++.moderated three times
> over the last two weeks. Not only have the messages not appeared, but I
> didn't get the autoreply I usually get from them. Is there something
> wrong with their software? If not, how do I post to that newsgroup so
> that it is received.

You're apparently not the only one with the problem. Yet, the server is
still processing the articles, AFAICT. Perhaps in the mean time you
could try following the recommendations of the newsgroup web page (the
address is http://www.gotw.ca/resource...) given in the section
"A Guide to Posting", the paragraph that starts "If your newsreader".

Thanks for your patience!