comp.lang.python

Re: Help to translate simple VBA code to Python

Gabriel Genellina

2/11/2008 4:09:00 PM

En Mon, 11 Feb 2008 04:15:34 -0200, Alexandr N Zamaraev
<tonal@promsoft.ru> escribi�:

> I use Bentley MicroStation through Automation interface.
> But I do not known how translate some VBA code to Python.

Look for the book "Python programming for Win32", by Mark Hammond and Andy
Robinson. (The sample chapter available at Amazon is "Introduction to COM")

--
Gabriel Genellina

6 Answers

Bill1255

On May 13, 7:11 pm, frenc...@comcast.net wrote:
> On May 13, 5:57 pm, "stuthalb...@comcast.net"
>
> <stuthalb...@comcast.net> wrote:
> > Bruce is in Hershey, PA on Friday.  He's in DC on Monday.
>
> > Dion is playing the Count Basie in Red Bank Saturday night.
>
> > Think Bruce will be home in Rumson/Colts Neck for the weekend?  Think
> > he'll go to the show?  Think he'll go onstage?
>
> > I saw Dion join the E Street Band in Miami for The Rising tour
> > (IISFB).  Hope to see the reverse on Saturday night.
>
> they also played together in long branch in the 90s sometime

That was August of '94, at Marz in Long Branch. The famous "Hal held
up the lyrics to Lucky Town for Bruce" night. I was 6 feet behind Hal.

Hal, have you ever had that momento appraised? Prolly not worth much
now, but should be some day.

stuthalblum@comcast.net

Then there was Paul Simon, Lou Reed and Bruce backing Dion on
"Teenager in Love" at the Garden in 1987 for the Children's Health
Fund benefit.

stuthalblum@comcast.net

On May 15, 2:53 am, "PBR" <WriterR...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Damn, no wonder he didn't pick my sign on Long Island when I asked for
> "Steenager In Love." Too easy. Can't stump this band. ;>

In Miami, I was hoping for "Runaround Sue." It's virtually the same
song as "Quarter to Three," so the band should be able to handle it
without a problem.

stuthalblum@comcast.net

Well, needless to say, no Bruce appearance.

Dion put on a solid, if mostly conservative, 90-minute set, with four
numbers from his new HEROES, a four song acoustic set that only
included one song from his recent excellant acoustic blues albums,
only one song from YO FRANKIE, nothing else from the last 40 years,
and most of his great hits from the '50s and '60s.

Eyes on You
Donna the Prima Donna
Amazing Grace>Love Came to Me
Rave On
Ruby Baby
Summertime Blues
Teenager in Love
I Wonder Why
Shake Rattle & Roll
(ac.) Built for Comfort
My Blue Heaven
Calendar Girl (Neil Sedaka cover)
Abraham Martin & John
(el.) King of the NY Streets
Sweet Surrender
Drip Drop
Sweet Little Rock and Roller
Runaround Sue
The Wanderer

90 minutes on the nose. No encore. I haven't seen a performer this
perfunctory since Chuck Berry.

I love the man's music, but I get the impression that Dion retired to
Florida 40 years ago and hasn't wanted to work very hard since then.

Bob C.

On May 18, 5:34 pm, btr4...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On May 18, 10:08 am, "stuthalb...@comcast.net"
>
> <stuthalb...@comcast.net> wrote:
> > Well, needless to say, no Bruce appearance.
>
> >Dionput on a solid, if mostly conservative, 90-minute set, with four
> > numbers from his new HEROES, a four song acoustic set that only
> > included one song from his recent excellant acoustic blues albums,
> > only one song from YO FRANKIE, nothing else from the last 40 years,
> > and most of his great hits from the '50s and '60s.
>
> > Eyes on You
> > Donna the Prima Donna
> > Amazing Grace>Love Came to Me
> > Rave On
> > Ruby Baby
> > Summertime Blues
> > Teenager in Love
> > I Wonder Why
> > Shake Rattle & Roll
> > (ac.) Built for Comfort
> > My Blue Heaven
> > Calendar Girl (Neil Sedaka cover)
> > Abraham Martin & John
> > (el.) King of the NY Streets
> > Sweet Surrender
> > Drip Drop
> > Sweet Little Rock and Roller
> > Runaround Sue
> > The Wanderer
>
> > 90 minutes on the nose.  No encore.  I haven't seen a performer this
> > perfunctory since Chuck Berry.
>
> > I love the man's music, but I get the impression thatDionretired to
> > Florida 40 years ago and hasn't wanted to work very hard since then.

C'mon, the guys near 70 years old. And, I don't think it's a
requirement of all musicians to put on a physically demanding show.
The times I've seen Dion he was soulful and passionate, through his
music. Also, was there an opening act? Anyway, I would have felt
fortunate to have heard Dion do those songs.

Bob C.