Paul bardell

7/25/2011 6:21:00 PM

I have a VB6 Application that uses Dim PDDoc As CAcroPDDoc and
PDDoc.SetInfo to set the custom properties on the PDF file.

The issue is when I distribute the application where Acrobat
Professional is not installed the program does not work. Is there any
way to get around the need for Acrobat Professional to set the Custom
Properties in a PDF file using VB6 code?

2 Answers

Karl E. Peterson

Paul bardell submitted this idea :
> I have a VB6 Application that uses Dim PDDoc As CAcroPDDoc and
> PDDoc.SetInfo to set the custom properties on the PDF file.
>
> The issue is when I distribute the application where Acrobat
> Professional is not installed the program does not work. Is there any
> way to get around the need for Acrobat Professional to set the Custom
> Properties in a PDF file using VB6 code?

That's referencing a DLL that ships with Acrobat, right?

(I guess the smartass answer would be to try Acrobat Standard?)

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfre...

GS

Paul bardell brought next idea :
> I have a VB6 Application that uses Dim PDDoc As CAcroPDDoc and
> PDDoc.SetInfo to set the custom properties on the PDF file.
>
> The issue is when I distribute the application where Acrobat
> Professional is not installed the program does not work. Is there any
> way to get around the need for Acrobat Professional to set the Custom
> Properties in a PDF file using VB6 code?

Have you look at using DsoFile.dll?

http://support.microsoft.com...

--
Garry