microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Missing Color Selector in Control Property Page

Abhishek

is there anyway to fix the color sector in common control property page?
mine is not displaying, I tried on win 7 and win xp. win xp is my main dev
machine, I reinstalled sp6 but it doesnt fix the problem.

here are the screenshots
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/489...
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/715/...

thanks,
abhishek

5 Answers

ralph

On Sat, 23 Jul 2011 23:41:52 +0530, "Abhishek"
<abhishek007p@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>is there anyway to fix the color sector in common control property page?
>mine is not displaying, I tried on win 7 and win xp. win xp is my main dev
>machine, I reinstalled sp6 but it doesnt fix the problem.
>
>here are the screenshots
>http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/489...
>http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/715/...
>

>thanks,
>abhishek

Missing items or 'squirrelly' (highly technical term) VBIDE issues
have three general causes:

1) The Registery.
Have you tried this:
http://support.microsoft.com...
It repairs a vast assortment of VBIDE issues. Always the first thing
to try.

2) Other Addons.
Remove your addons. If the problem disappears add them back one at a
time until you find the trouble-maker. However, often just unloading
and re-loading does the trick.

3) A 'corrupted' VB Project.
Sometime a specific project just becomes confused (another highly
technical term). Try a fresh project. Clean or rebuild the existing
one. etc.

Well, and perhaps there is also ...
4) A bad component.
It is always possible there is a corrupt component - through very very
rare and usually a bad component causes wide-spread problems. It is
the reason 'everyone' recommends reinstalling VB and/or SPs - BUT
doing so seldom cures anything. <bg>
(When reinstalling the VBIDE does work. it does so mostly because it
re-built the Registery and reloaded Addons.)

-ralph

MikeD

"ralph" <nt_consulting64@yahoo.net> wrote in message
> On Sat, 23 Jul 2011 23:41:52 +0530, "Abhishek"
> <abhishek007p@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>is there anyway to fix the color sector in common control property page?
>>mine is not displaying, I tried on win 7 and win xp. win xp is my main dev
>>machine, I reinstalled sp6 but it doesnt fix the problem.
> Missing items or 'squirrelly' (highly technical term) VBIDE issues
> have three general causes:
>
> 1) The Registery.
> 2) Other Addons.
> 3) A 'corrupted' VB Project.
>
> Well, and perhaps there is also ...
> 4) A bad component.

Actually, there's another and this may be the OP's issue. An
incompatibility, particularly with certain properties in either the
Properties window or a property page. Try disabling visual themes and/or
desktop composition. If you don't know how to do this:

Right-click either a shortcut to VB6 or the VB6.EXE file itself. Select
Properties. Click the Compatibility tab and you'll see the checkboxes
allowing you to disable either or both of these (don't remember for sure,
but I don't think WinXP has desktop composition as I think that's a Vista
and Win7 thing).

--
Mike

Abhishek

tried almost everything, its not a problem if themes.

1. reinstalled SP6
2. reinstalled VB6
3. uninstalled vb6, and installed again, then SP6 again

No fix. looks like some reg value is wiped by the registry cleaner i use or
may be because of some incompatible dll. anyway, its not a big problem that
may affect my development.

"MikeD" <nobody@nowhere.edu> wrote in message

| "ralph" <nt_consulting64@yahoo.net> wrote in message
| > On Sat, 23 Jul 2011 23:41:52 +0530, "Abhishek"
| > <abhishek007p@hotmail.com> wrote:

ralph

On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 16:57:53 +0530, "Abhishek"
<abhishek007p@hotmail.com> wrote:

>tried almost everything, its not a problem if themes.
>
>1. reinstalled SP6
>2. reinstalled VB6
>3. uninstalled vb6, and installed again, then SP6 again
>
>No fix. looks like some reg value is wiped by the registry cleaner i use or
>may be because of some incompatible dll. anyway, its not a big problem that
>may affect my development.

Thus have you tried this:
http://support.microsoft.com...

-ralph