Abhishek

7/19/2011 10:00:00 PM

I want to add scanning to my app, what the is best way to do this? can
anyone point me to any good activex or code.

there is one tool I found Windows Image Acquisition Automation Library v2.0
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.asp...

has anyone used it?

--
abhishek

4 Answers

tmoran4511

On Jul 19, 3:00 pm, "Abhishek" <abhishek0...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I want to add scanning to my app, what the is best way to do this? can
> anyone point me to any good activex or code.
>
> there is one tool I found Windows Image Acquisition Automation Library v2..0http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.asp...
>
> has anyone used it?
>
> --
> abhishek

I've used WIA... pretty good considering it's free. Fairly easy to
use.

However, my needs exceeded the capabilities of WIA, and I obtained
GdTwain library. I needed the ability to have more control over the
scanning process and include OCR capabilities. So I guess it depends
on what you wish to accomplish.

Here's the link for GdTwain: http://www.gdpicture.com/products/activex/gdtwain-a...

Tom

BTIS Jeff

> I want to add scanning to my app, what the is best way to do
this? can
> anyone point me to any good activex or code.

ImageMan by Data Techniques is an easy to use and reliable OCX /
ActiveX
that a number of our MetaDraw customers have worked with.
( scanning
in with ImageMan and then annotating with MetaDraw )
The ImageMan component includes not just scanning but image rotation,
contrast enhancement, and other useful features plus save and load
to a very wide variety of formats. They are a US Based company
that's
been around since the early 90's -
You can find Image Man at www.Data-Tech.com

Jeff Bennett
J e f f AT Bennet DASH Tec DOT Com

* Bennet-Tec Information Systems, Inc
* 50 Jericho Tpk, Jericho, NY 11753

* WWW.Bennet-Tec.Com

RELIABLE Component Software
and Custom Software Development Services

* Expert Systems * Text Processing
* Databases * Interactive Web Sites
* Diagramming, Drawing, Hotspot Graphics
* Data Input & Data Presentation Systems
* Decision Support * Web Based Data Collection
* Forecasting * Signature Capture
* Desktop Windows, Tablets, Pocket PCs

TList™ / ALLText™ / MetaDraw™ / Web Signature™

Abhishek

my requirement are very basic, my application stores images. now I want to
give a user option to directly scan the images and store from my app rather
than first scanning and then storing in my app. I only want to display the
scanner dialog and scan, resizing will be a plus feature.

"Abhishek" <abhishek007p@hotmail.com> wrote in message
|I want to add scanning to my app, what the is best way to do this? can
| anyone point me to any good activex or code.
|
| there is one tool I found Windows Image Acquisition Automation Library
v2.0
| http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.asp...
|
| has anyone used it?
|
| --
| abhishek

James Tyler

I used the WIA library. It works quite well. The sample codes from the
download has useful routine you can modify to resize and crop. The dll can
be used interchangeably with some Canon camera which exactly fit my need.