microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Conditional Compile switch

Stan Weiss

6/20/2011 5:25:00 PM

For almost as long as I have been using VB6 I have had a project which
based on a Conditional Compile switch would produce either a full
version of the program or a DEMO. I now need a second Conditional
Compile switch but keep getting an invalid syntax error. has anyone used
more than one Conditional Compile switches within the IDE?

thanks
Stan
3 Answers

Chris Douce

On 20/06/2011 19:24, Stan Weiss wrote:
> For almost as long as I have been using VB6 I have had a project which
> based on a Conditional Compile switch would produce either a full
> version of the program or a DEMO. I now need a second Conditional
> Compile switch but keep getting an invalid syntax error. has anyone used
> more than one Conditional Compile switches within the IDE?
>
> thanks
> Stan

Hi Stan,

I use it all the time. Just separate your conditional compile variables
by a colon (:)

Regards

Chris

ralph

On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 13:24:48 -0400, Stan Weiss <srweiss@erols.com>
wrote:

>For almost as long as I have been using VB6 I have had a project which
>based on a Conditional Compile switch would produce either a full
>version of the program or a DEMO. I now need a second Conditional
>Compile switch but keep getting an invalid syntax error. has anyone used
>more than one Conditional Compile switches within the IDE?

To the best of my knowledge, you can have as many 'conditional
compiles' as you can keep track of. (Or to the limits of the command
line.)

Beyond that we can't help - Note enough information. What's causing
the syntax error? Where? Are you nesting them? ...

Note: You can "fake" a command line option by defining a Global
variable and setting the value there.

-ralph

Stan Weiss

Chris Douce wrote:

> On 20/06/2011 19:24, Stan Weiss wrote:
> > For almost as long as I have been using VB6 I have had a project which
> > based on a Conditional Compile switch would produce either a full
> > version of the program or a DEMO. I now need a second Conditional
> > Compile switch but keep getting an invalid syntax error. has anyone used
> > more than one Conditional Compile switches within the IDE?
> >
> > thanks
> > Stan
>
> Hi Stan,
>
> I use it all the time. Just separate your conditional compile variables
> by a colon (:)
>
> Regards
>
> Chris

Thanks Chris that did it.