microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Re: Splitting a string containg filename+path and arguemnts

Leo

6/16/2011 12:17:00 AM

I am getting the string from an existing system that currently shells's acrobat with the path to the pdf as it's argument. In theory I could say if you want to use my code make sure all paths are properly qouted and not worry about the pdf example as that will not be a problem as the code can be changed to drop the path to acrobat. I was just hoping to cover the areas shell accepts.
1 Answer

Karl E. Peterson

Leo explained :
> I am getting the string from an existing system that currently shells's
> acrobat with the path to the pdf as it's argument. In theory I could say if
> you want to use my code make sure all paths are properly qouted and not worry
> about the pdf example as that will not be a problem as the code can be
> changed to drop the path to acrobat. I was just hoping to cover the areas
> shell accepts.

Well, there's no "in theory" about it, really. Windows operates on the
premise that a LFN must be in quotes if it contains any embedded
spaces.

What's confusing is your last sentence. Are you suggesting that VB's
Shell statement works with space-containing filenames and their
trailing arguments?

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfre...