microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

VB6 Database Developer Needed

(Mortar)

6/13/2011 3:03:00 PM

i am looking for a VB6 Database developer, please see the project listing
and bid if you can make this software.

http://www.vworker.com/RentACoder/misc/BidRequests/ShowBidRequest.asp?lngBidRequest...

thanks,
abhi

3 Answers

ralph

On Mon, 13 Jun 2011 20:33:07 +0530, "Abhishek" <a@b.com> wrote:

>i am looking for a VB6 Database developer, please see the project listing
>and bid if you can make this software.
>
>http://www.vworker.com/RentACoder/misc/BidRequests/ShowBidRequest.asp?lngBidRequest...

You need to provide some idea of 'volume' and 'service levels' (time
to show Summary, etc.).

Storing binary data in an "Access database", assuming you mean a
Jet-formatted databae file (.mdb or .accdb?), leads to bloat and poor
performance.

-ralph

Abhishek

it is going to be a shareware application for hobby market, so I assume
there might be less than 500 entries at most. and about service level, I
want it shown as soon as a user selects a item. I prefer it in access .mdb
database, sqllite is good alternative but I have not used it before.

thanks,
abhishek

"ralph" <nt_consulting64@yahoo.net> wrote in message
| On Mon, 13 Jun 2011 20:33:07 +0530, "Abhishek" <a@b.com> wrote:
|
| You need to provide some idea of 'volume' and 'service levels' (time
| to show Summary, etc.).
|
| Storing binary data in an "Access database", assuming you mean a
| Jet-formatted databae file (.mdb or .accdb?), leads to bloat and poor
| performance.
|
| -ralph

Abhishek

chosen a developer, no bidding needed now. thanks.