microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

How to clean Index.dat file

Kasia Muniak

I know how to remove all cached files, but how to clean an entire of
Index.dat file
like does it IE8 (Menu -> Tools -> Delete browsing history - or similar - I
use
polish version of Windows)?

Kasia (Catherine) Muniak

2 Answers

Ian Post

You might check out

Public Const MOVEFILE_DELAY_UNTIL_REBOOT = &H4
'
Public Declare Function pMoveFileEx Lib "kernel32" Alias "MoveFileExA"
_
(ByVal lpExistingFileName As String, _
ByVal lpNewFileName As String, _
ByVal dwFlags As Long) As Long

lRet = pMoveFileEx(sDPKillName, vbNullChar,
MOVEFILE_DELAY_UNTIL_REBOOT)

Kasia Muniak

thanks for your answer, but that's not the point.
I want to clean all data stored in a index.dat file without deleting it - IE
replaces all data bits
by zeros (hex), and my question is: How does it?