John Simpson

3/18/2011 1:20:00 PM

The environment is VB6, Windows XP and Windows 7 workstations.

I writing an application that requires a few workstations to print a
report (using the printer object) to a network printer. The printer
that will be used is installed on the server, but not on any of the
workstations, so I don't think I can set the device name using the
'for each p in VB.Printers' code. I would rather not have to
install the printer on each workstation.

My thought is to use the OpenPrinter API. My question is: will this
work with the printer object or is there a better solution.

Any help will be appreciated.

John

1 Answer

James Tyler

I did something like that in VB6. You certainly can "Set Printer = p" after
finding p by looping thru the local definition of printers.