Anton

2/28/2011 11:34:00 PM

Not!
It still shows.
My main form opens a sizeable form that I use as a "toolbar".
The form (toolbar) is set for ShowInTaskBar = False but it still shows.
I prefer that it not show in the taskbar.
This toolbar form has no Caption and has no bar at the top so the thing
that shows in the taskbar is only a blank with an icon.
Not very useful I think.

The toolbar form is sizeable to allow adjustment of the form and the
icons size (buttons) on it.
So what is a way to "fix" this.
First option is not to show in taskbar at all.
Second is to show a Caption on the taskbar but no caption bar on the
form. The caption bar is too distracting and takes up too much room.
Suggestions please.
The main form controls the taskbar visibility and position.

7 Answers

Dee Earley

On 28/02/2011 23:34, BeeJ wrote:
> Not!
> It still shows.
> My main form opens a sizeable form that I use as a "toolbar".
> The form (toolbar) is set for ShowInTaskBar = False but it still shows.
> I prefer that it not show in the taskbar.
> This toolbar form has no Caption and has no bar at the top so the thing
> that shows in the taskbar is only a blank with an icon.
> Not very useful I think.
>
> The toolbar form is sizeable to allow adjustment of the form and the
> icons size (buttons) on it.
> So what is a way to "fix" this.
> First option is not to show in taskbar at all.
> Second is to show a Caption on the taskbar but no caption bar on the
> form. The caption bar is too distracting and takes up too much room.
> Suggestions please.
> The main form controls the taskbar visibility and position.

You could try settings its owner window

toolbar.show vbmodeless, mainform

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley@icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems

Please reply to the group.)

Helmut_Meukel

BeeJ schrieb am 01.03.2011 :
> Not!
> It still shows.
> My main form opens a sizeable form that I use as a "toolbar".
> The form (toolbar) is set for ShowInTaskBar = False but it still shows.
> I prefer that it not show in the taskbar.
> This toolbar form has no Caption and has no bar at the top so the thing that
> shows in the taskbar is only a blank with an icon.
> Not very useful I think.

Is this version dependant? Or same on 2000, XP, Vista, Win7 ?

Helmut.

Mayayana

I got curious and tested that out. Using
a form with or without frame, showing
it modal or not, and trying startup from the
main form or from Sub Main, I can't find any
configuration that will make the borderless
form show in the taskbar when I've set the
property to False.

It seems you've either made a mistake or
are not including some relevant information.
Maybe there's an unusual control on the
form that's affecting it?

| Not!
| It still shows.
| My main form opens a sizeable form that I use as a "toolbar".
| The form (toolbar) is set for ShowInTaskBar = False but it still shows.
| I prefer that it not show in the taskbar.
| This toolbar form has no Caption and has no bar at the top so the thing
| that shows in the taskbar is only a blank with an icon.
| Not very useful I think.
|
| The toolbar form is sizeable to allow adjustment of the form and the
| icons size (buttons) on it.
| So what is a way to "fix" this.
| First option is not to show in taskbar at all.
| Second is to show a Caption on the taskbar but no caption bar on the
| form. The caption bar is too distracting and takes up too much room.
| Suggestions please.
| The main form controls the taskbar visibility and position.

Kevin Provance

Jesus wept.

Taken from the help file...you know, F1?

Remarks

Use the ShowInTaskbar property to keep dialog boxes in your application from
appearing in the taskbar.

The default value for the ShowInTaskbar property assumes the default setting
for the BorderStyle property of the Form object (Sizable). Changing the
BorderStyle property may change the setting of the ShowInTaskbar property.

"BeeJ" <nospam@spamfree.com> wrote in message
> Not!
> It still shows.
> My main form opens a sizeable form that I use as a "toolbar".
> The form (toolbar) is set for ShowInTaskBar = False but it still shows.
> I prefer that it not show in the taskbar.
> This toolbar form has no Caption and has no bar at the top so the thing
> that shows in the taskbar is only a blank with an icon.
> Not very useful I think.
>
> The toolbar form is sizeable to allow adjustment of the form and the icons
> size (buttons) on it.
> So what is a way to "fix" this.
> First option is not to show in taskbar at all.
> Second is to show a Caption on the taskbar but no caption bar on the form.
> The caption bar is too distracting and takes up too much room.
> Suggestions please.
> The main form controls the taskbar visibility and position.

Jeff Johnson [MVP: VB]

"BeeJ" <nospam@spamfree.com> wrote in message

> It still shows.
> My main form opens a sizeable form that I use as a "toolbar".
> The form (toolbar) is set for ShowInTaskBar = False but it still shows.
> I prefer that it not show in the taskbar.
> This toolbar form has no Caption and has no bar at the top so the thing
> that shows in the taskbar is only a blank with an icon.
> Not very useful I think.
>
> The toolbar form is sizeable to allow adjustment of the form and the icons
> size (buttons) on it.
> So what is a way to "fix" this.
> First option is not to show in taskbar at all.
> Second is to show a Caption on the taskbar but no caption bar on the form.
> The caption bar is too distracting and takes up too much room.
> Suggestions please.
> The main form controls the taskbar visibility and position.

Have you tried using Sizeable Tool Window for the border style? Something in
the depths of my memory says I may have run into that issue once.

BeeJ

I already went there but the quirk is not related to that.

Eunometic

On Jun 22, 2:59 pm, Ördög Belphegor Lucifer Mephisto Satan
<tz81qm...@sneakemail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 19:09:39 -0700, Eunometic wrote:
> >> Good riddance.
> > So you support the Iraq war, Minchin was in the way.
>
> What has that horrible creature actually done to stop gnome from going
> bush in Iraq?
> Words are cheap after the event.
> Breaks my heart when lie-beral henchman pretend to be innocent and
> washing their hands publicly after a little dust has settled
> on their dirty deeds.
> Minchin was and still is a disgusting big "C" conservative lie-beral
> creep just like all the remaining members of gnome's ex-regime.
>
> --
> Ördög (The friendly Hungarian Devil in service of sanity on Usenet)
> Either the neocons go or civilisation does!

You've had so much stone-age communist indoctrination to see reality.

Using US terminology Minchin would have been a 'paleo conservative'
Ideologically paleo's would
1 Support neutrality, unless directly attacked. Tend to be finicky
about declarations of war
2 Tend to be isolationist, support only low immigration
3 Conservative, accept free speach though.

Howard was a Neo-Conservative
1 Pro-active expeditinary action in support of allies like the US.
2 Pro open boarder, Pro immigraion, Pro Zionist, beholdren to zionist
media.
3 Generally politically correct, though Howard was not so his cabinet
tended to be.