microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

ADO breaks when compiling in Windows 7 Service Pack 1

Tony Toews

2/24/2011 6:15:00 AM

See the thread Breaking change in MDAC ADODB COM components in Windows
7 Service Pack
1http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsgeneraldevelopmentissues/thread/3a4ce946-effa-4f77-98a6-34f11c6b5a13/?pro...
if you compile an app using early binding of ADO in Windows 7 SP1.
You may need to change your app to use late binding.

I didn?t thoroughly read the thread as I?m travelling but I wanted to
get the word out amongst the community immediately.
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
Tony's Main MS Access pages - http://www.granite.ab.ca/ac...

frice

Out_Of_The_Dark <xscilentologist@yahoo.com> wrote:
>On Mar 21, 6:17=A0pm, stop-scientology <stopscie...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The Profit - The movie Scientology doesnt want you to see.
>> http://www.mininova.org/t...
>Hi Peter

You stupid insane cunt. What makes you think "Peter" posted this?

---
Anonymous = Herd of Cats Latched on to the Same Wildebeest

1X2Willows

"EvilZoe" <evilzoe@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Mar 21, 7:20 pm, "1X2Willows" <nos...@least.invalid> wrote:
>> <kennethnoisewat...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> > Posted from Enturbulation.org
>>
>> > [Links]
>>
>> Of course they are real.
>> That still doesn't make 'em any safer to download tho'.
>>
>> Put that crap on YouTube or sumptn, twit.
>>
>> Dan
>
> Obviously not a lot of professional pirates in here...lol

Tell that to the Flying Spaghetty Monster; another of these fictional
SF excuses for a religion, albeit a much more enjoyable one than
this HubbaBubba Sciento bullcrap will ever be.

Dan

Quaoar

Out_Of_The_Dark wrote:
> On Mar 21, 6:17 pm, stop-scientology <stopscie...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The Profit - The movie Scientology doesnt want you to see.
>>
>> http://www.mininova.org/t...
>
> Hi Peter, as an aftertyhought, I stopped downloading it. It was only
> at 14% anyway.
>
> Has anyone actually seen what is in the torrent after downloading it?
> I don't have 10 hrs to tie up my network like that and the chance of
> it being a virus or a rickroll are quite possible, so unless you or
> another known critic can say they have completed the download and it's
> the real deal, I'm not bothering. It will be up on youtube in short
> time anyway.
>
> Any info?
>
> Mary

I'm at about 80%. My AV monitors torrent downloads and I have no
indication that this iso file is corrupted or contaminated. OTOH, I
download many file via bittorrent and have had only one or two over the
past five years noticed by my AV.

Quaoar

Out_Of_The_Dark wrote:
> On Mar 21, 6:17 pm, stop-scientology <stopscie...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The Profit - The movie Scientology doesnt want you to see.
>>
>> http://www.mininova.org/t...
>
> Hi Peter, as an aftertyhought, I stopped downloading it. It was only
> at 14% anyway.
>
> Has anyone actually seen what is in the torrent after downloading it?
> I don't have 10 hrs to tie up my network like that and the chance of
> it being a virus or a rickroll are quite possible, so unless you or
> another known critic can say they have completed the download and it's
> the real deal, I'm not bothering. It will be up on youtube in short
> time anyway.
>
> Any info?
>
> Mary

I'm at about 80%. My AV monitors torrent downloads and I have no
indication that this iso file is corrupted or contaminated. OTOH, I
download many file via bittorrent and have had only one or two over the
past five years noticed by my AV.

Hartley Patterson

FRice@SkepticTank.Org:
> Out_Of_The_Dark <xscilentologist@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >On Mar 21, 6:17=A0pm, stop-scientology <stopscie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> The Profit - The movie Scientology doesnt want you to see.
> >> http://www.mininova.org/t...
> >Hi Peter
>
> What makes you think "Peter" posted this?

Silly Fred. That's the name of the poster being replied to, he just
doesn't sign all his posts. Nor do we.

--
Hartley Patterson
http://www.newsfrom...

Ulrich Korndoerfer

Tony Toews schrieb:

> See the thread Breaking change in MDAC ADODB COM components in Windows
> 7 Service Pack
> 1http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsgeneraldevelopmentissues/thread/3a4ce946-effa-4f77-98a6-34f11c6b5a13/?pro...
> if you compile an app using early binding of ADO in Windows 7 SP1.
> You may need to change your app to use late binding.
>
> I didnâ??t thoroughly read the thread as Iâ??m travelling but I wanted to
> get the word out amongst the community immediately.

Seemingly it boils down to *where* (under witch OS/SP) a VB6 application
has been *compiled*:

- if it has been compiled under anything other pre W7/Sp1
nothing changes
- otherwise problems arouse

--
Ulrich Korndoerfer