comp.lang.python

Re: Microsoft's challenger to Python

Dotan Cohen

2/8/2008 1:08:00 AM

On 08/02/2008, Peter Dilley <pdilley@bmm.com> wrote:> I am not, however, an in depth language nutter, so would> appreciate any of our more learned readers comments.Looks like MS forgot E and E and went straight for E this time.Dotan Cohenhttp://what-is-what.comhttp://gibberish.co.il?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-...: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
7 Answers

Free Lunch

On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 22:06:30 -0800, Jason@nospam.com (Jason) wrote in
alt.atheism:

>In article <4h5kf81dke1gp8gafjqo39a7ksqglddss2@4ax.com>, Free Lunch
><lunch@nofreelunch.us> wrote:
>> Only in the way it is presented. The problem is real. Guns are used to
>> kill children on a daily basis and the NRA and its gun-worshipping
>> acolytes would rather see those killings continue than cut the number
>> that are dying from gun shots.
>>
>> You have made it clear that you will do nothing to get the number of
>> dead children lower. This is also more evidence that the so-called
>> pro-life folks like you don't actually care about life.
>
>Yes, I did. I believe having armed guards and metal detectors in public
>schools would lower the death rate in the public schools.

Children do not only die in schools. They are most commonly shot at or
near home, intentionally or by accident. Your willingness to cut the
quality of education so we have armed guards at schools doesn't fix that
problem at all, but it does hurt education since you refuse to support
taxes on gunowners to pay for the danger their guns inflict on others.

Mitchell Holman

Alan Ferris <hairy.ferrit@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in

>>> Shot.
>>

>> Really.
>>
>> Do you know how much more damage bullets
>>do than blades?
>
> I was involved in xraying a man who had been shot in the shoulder. We
> could not see the bullet and yet there was no exit wound. After some
> wide scanning we found the bullet lodge down in the large bowel. The
> bullet had hit the shoulder blade and then traveled down through the
> body. He was lucky and it somehow managed to miss all his vital
> organs.

Military rounds are designed to "tumble"
as they move thru the body, causing far more
damage than a straight entrance and exit wound.
And the "devastator" bullets Hinkley used to
shoot Reagan are designed to enter the body
and then EXPLODE.

And Jason thinks a simple knive wound is
worse?

Amazing........

Devils Advocaat

On Jan 19, 6:07 am, Ja...@nospam.com (Jason) wrote:
> In article <XnsA14CD383C7A50nomailverizon...@216.196.121.131>, Mitchell
>

> Holman <nomailverizon.net> wrote:
> > Ja...@nospam.com (Jason) wrote in

> > > Your question about sacrificing children was a silly question.
>
> > > If 4 home invaders invaded my home, I would have a better chance of
> > > staying alive if I had a semi-auto hand gun instead of a kitchen
> > > knife. Do you agree? Don't run away.
>
> >     If you were assaulted would you rather
> > be stabbed or shot?
>
> Shot.

Says the man who thinks shooting a stupid driver in the groin is okay.

> You failed to answer the above simple question.

Jason

In article <XnsA14D4B65721C4nomailverizonnet@216.196.121.131>, Mitchell
Holman <nomailverizon.net> wrote:

> Jason@nospam.com (Jason) wrote in news:Jason-1801132207450001@67-150-121-
> 208.lsan.mdsg-pacwest.com:
>
> > In article <XnsA14CD383C7A50nomailverizonnet@216.196.121.131>, Mitchell
> > Holman <nomailverizon.net> wrote:
> >
> >> Jason@nospam.com (Jason) wrote in

> >> If you were assaulted would you rather
> >> be stabbed or shot?
> >
> > Shot.
>

> Really.
>
> Do you know how much more damage bullets
> do than blades?

Some shots are flesh wounds.

Jason

In article <05elf8hd5ab37pueljgurl6crllre3nu7l@4ax.com>, Alan Ferris
<hairy.ferrit@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> >> Shot.
> >

> > Really.
> >
> > Do you know how much more damage bullets
> >do than blades?
>
> I was involved in xraying a man who had been shot in the shoulder. We could
> not see the bullet and yet there was no exit wound. After some wide scanning
> we found the bullet lodge down in the large bowel. The bullet had hit the
> shoulder blade and then traveled down through the body. He was lucky and it
> somehow managed to miss all his vital organs.
>
> --
> Ferrit
>
> ()'.'.'()
> ( (T) )
> ( ) . ( )
> (")_(")
> Atheist #1211
> EAC(UK)#252 Ironic Torture Div.
>
> SERV:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W...
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D...
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6...

It's a major problem in large cities in America. Lots of people are shot
and end up in ERs.

Jason

In article <XnsA14D8375A4E2Bnomailverizonnet@216.196.121.131>, Mitchell
Holman <nomailverizon.net> wrote:

> Alan Ferris <hairy.ferrit@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in

> >> Really.
> >>
> >> Do you know how much more damage bullets
> >>do than blades?
> >
> > I was involved in xraying a man who had been shot in the shoulder. We
> > could not see the bullet and yet there was no exit wound. After some
> > wide scanning we found the bullet lodge down in the large bowel. The
> > bullet had hit the shoulder blade and then traveled down through the
> > body. He was lucky and it somehow managed to miss all his vital
> > organs.
>

> Military rounds are designed to "tumble"
> as they move thru the body, causing far more
> damage than a straight entrance and exit wound.
> And the "devastator" bullets Hinkley used to
> shoot Reagan are designed to enter the body
> and then EXPLODE.
>
> And Jason thinks a simple knive wound is
> worse?
>
> Amazing........

I once owned such bullets and they were far more expensive than regular
bullets. I kept my .357 loaded with them.

Jason

In article <4lllf8p0ntsmf3obrgotq2npebs0p2d2vb@4ax.com>, Free Lunch
<lunch@nofreelunch.us> wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 22:06:30 -0800, Jason@nospam.com (Jason) wrote in
> alt.atheism:
>
> >In article <4h5kf81dke1gp8gafjqo39a7ksqglddss2@4ax.com>, Free Lunch
> ><lunch@nofreelunch.us> wrote:
> >> Only in the way it is presented. The problem is real. Guns are used to
> >> kill children on a daily basis and the NRA and its gun-worshipping
> >> acolytes would rather see those killings continue than cut the number
> >> that are dying from gun shots.
> >>
> >> You have made it clear that you will do nothing to get the number of
> >> dead children lower. This is also more evidence that the so-called
> >> pro-life folks like you don't actually care about life.
> >
> >Yes, I did. I believe having armed guards and metal detectors in public
> >schools would lower the death rate in the public schools.
>
> Children do not only die in schools. They are most commonly shot at or
> near home, intentionally or by accident. Your willingness to cut the
> quality of education so we have armed guards at schools doesn't fix that
> problem at all, but it does hurt education since you refuse to support
> taxes on gunowners to pay for the danger their guns inflict on others.

Perhaps if there had been armed guards at Sandy Hook, there may have been
a lower death rate.