comp.lang.python

print 'hello' -> SyntaxError: invalid syntax

ValdezDE

2/7/2008 2:52:00 PM

I try to install Python in a Dell D620 with XP PRO version 5.1.2600
and I am getting this error. I assume that some dlls are missing but I
installed form a fresh python-2.5.1.msi without errors msg.

Thanks

Roberto

Python 2.5.1 (r251:54863, Apr 18 2007, 08:51:08) [MSC v.1310 32 bit
(Intel)] on
win32
>>> import this
File "<stdin>", line 1
import this
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>>> 2 + 2
File "<stdin>", line 1
2 + 2
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>>> print 'Hello'
File "<stdin>", line 1
print 'Hello'
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>>> help
File "<stdin>", line 1
help
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

3 Answers

Jon \"Fluffy\" Saul

On Feb 7, 2008 8:52 AM, <ValdezDE@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I try to install Python in a Dell D620 with XP PRO version 5.1.2600
> and I am getting this error. I assume that some dlls are missing but I
> installed form a fresh python-2.5.1.msi without errors msg.
>
> Thanks
>
> Roberto

<snip>

Sounds like a bad install.
Try reinstalling, or re-downloading the installer and reinstall. Try both even.

--
Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

ajaksu

On Feb 7, 12:52 pm, Valde...@googlemail.com wrote:
> I try to install Python in a Dell D620 with XP PRO version 5.1.2600
> and I am getting this error. I assume that some dlls are missing but I
> installed form a fresh python-2.5.1.msi without errors msg.
>
> Thanks
>
> Roberto

What is the install path? And what is your locale?

What happens if you type "Ctrl + m" instead of Return after your input?

ValdezDE

On Feb 7, 10:21 pm, ajaksu <aja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 7, 12:52 pm, Valde...@googlemail.com wrote:
>
> > I try to install Python in a Dell D620 with XP PRO version 5.1.2600
> > and I am getting this error. I assume that some dlls are missing but I
> > installed form a fresh python-2.5.1.msi without errors msg.
>
> > Thanks
>
> > Roberto
>
> What is the install path? And what is your locale?
>
> What happens if you type "Ctrl + m" instead of Return after your input?

Python is installed in c:\Python25 ans "ctr + m" produce the same
error msg as Return.

I did a new install and the problem is still there :-(

thanks

Roberto