comp.lang.c++

Get system's current time

navS

10/20/2008 12:49:00 PM

hey team,
how do i get the system's current time in c or c++.
can any body tell me the method or peace of code. I am in need of it,
please.

]Thanks in advance
naveen
2 Answers

Victor Bazarov

navS wrote:
> how do i get the system's current time in c or c++.

There is that strangely named function, 'time'. RTFM please.

> can any body tell me the method or peace of code. I am in need of it,
> please.

Also, your OS can provide more ways to get the current time; again, RTFM
or ask in the newsgroup dedicated to your OS.

asm23

navS wrote:
> hey team,
> how do i get the system's current time in c or c++.
> can any body tell me the method or peace of code. I am in need of it,
> please.
>
> ]Thanks in advance
> naveen
Please see here: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/clibr...
But I think your OS will supply a more precise timer just like Victor said.