comp.lang.python

Installing PyQt

Marcus Strube

2/6/2008 5:59:00 PM

Hi

I was trying to install PyQt, but things don't work as promised.

I'm working on OS X 10.5, didn't install another version of Python -
so it's 2.5.1 -, installed the latest "qt-mac-opensource-4.3.3.dmg"
and the latest sip 4.7.3. But when I then try to run python
configure.py for PyQt 4.3.3 I get "Import Error: No module named
sipconfig" (I also retried after a Reboot)

Did anybody have the same problem and can tell me what solved it??
2 Answers

Diez B. Roggisch

Marcus Strube schrieb:
> Hi
>
> I was trying to install PyQt, but things don't work as promised.
>
> I'm working on OS X 10.5, didn't install another version of Python - so
> it's 2.5.1 -, installed the latest "qt-mac-opensource-4.3.3.dmg" and the
> latest sip 4.7.3. But when I then try to run python configure.py for
> PyQt 4.3.3 I get "Import Error: No module named sipconfig" (I also
> retried after a Reboot)
>
> Did anybody have the same problem and can tell me what solved it??

Just a suggestion- does the DMG really install into your custom 2.5
installation? I'd gather it rather uses the pre-shipped python.

Diez

Alan Ferris

On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 16:06:30 -0800, Jason@nospam.com (Jason) wrote:

>In article <9eljf81nge6liimi6uan53ct3eo9lrnl26@4ax.com>, Alan Ferris
><hairy.ferrit@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 14:14:50 -0800, Jason@nospam.com (Jason) wrote:

>> >have had

>manufactured

>> >have to
>account for
>your range
>> >
>> >That is correct. My father could easily do it since he was trained to do
>> >it when he was a soldier. Most guns issued to soldiers in those days did
>> >not have scopes.
>> >
>> So he was a fully trained sniper and failed to teach you how to adjust a
>> scope....your stories just get worse for honesty.
>
>My father NEVER was trained to use a scope while in the military. He was
>not a sniper but was issued a standard weapon that did not have a scope.

So he shot and clipped a chicken hawk at 1 mile....or 1/2 mile with a flip up
sight.....yes I am sure you believe that your lie might hold water. It doesn't
to anybody trained in the military or trained in the use of guns.

>My brother had a scope on one of his guns. He showed me how to adjust it.

Yet you have been unable to answer questions on how to actually adjust it.
--
Ferrit

()'.'.'()
( (T) )