comp.lang.python

Traversing python datatypes via http

mobil

2/5/2008 11:10:00 PM

Is it possible to traverse say python lists via http://

say there is a list in the memory

can we traverse the list using list/next list/prev list/first list/last

is there a pythonic library to do that?

thanks

2 Answers

Bernard

On 5 fév, 18:10, Mark <mobiledream...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to traverse say python lists via http://
>
> say there is a list in the memory
>
> can we traverse the list using list/next list/prev list/first list/last
>
> is there a pythonic library to do that?
>
> thanks

I'm not sure I totally understand what you want here...

you want to make a HTTP request and run through whatever data that is
sended back? what will be the data format? there's plenty of html/xml/
json data parsers out there.

Larry Bates

Mark wrote:
> Is it possible to traverse say python lists via http://
>
> say there is a list in the memory
>
> can we traverse the list using list/next list/prev list/first list/last
>
> is there a pythonic library to do that?
>
> thanks

It sounds like what you want would be implemented using XMLRPC over http (or
https). You could have XMLRPC method that acted like a generator or you could
have it return the entire list in a single transaction to the calling routine.
To be more specific, you will need to go into more detail about what it is that
you are trying to accomplish.

-Larry