comp.lang.c++

Finding bytes in a block...

barcaroller

10/16/2008 11:29:00 PM

Is there a C++ or Boost function that finds a sequence of (consecutive)
bytes within a larger block of memory? Something similar to STL's
string.find().

3 Answers

Kai-Uwe Bux

barcaroller wrote:

> Is there a C++ or Boost function that finds a sequence of (consecutive)
> bytes within a larger block of memory? Something similar to STL's
> string.find().

In header <algorithm>, you will find std::search(). Of course, it takes
iterators to the needle and to the haystack, but pointers qualify.

Best

Kai-Uwe Bux

duke

On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 14:50:17 -0800, Jeanne Douglas <hlwdjsd2@NOSPAMgmail.com>
wrote:

>In article <0seif8p0hjlq4quq9on8e8b7smp89bqpvf@4ax.com>,
> duke <duckgumbo32@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 17 Jan 2013 11:55:06 -0600, Uncle Vic <sorry@noway.com> wrote:
>>
>> >duke <duckgumbo32@cox.net> wrote in

>> >Thank you.
>>
>> Don't thank me. Rejecting God is far more dangerous than sinful behavior.
>
>How can someone reject something that has no basis in reality?

Your reality is wishful thinking.

The dukester, American - American
You can't fix stupid.

Jeanne Douglas

In article <mv3lf89orsm5d1dijqf8rdjhotel3nhii4@4ax.com>,
duke <duckgumbo32@cox.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 14:50:17 -0800, Jeanne Douglas <hlwdjsd2@NOSPAMgmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >In article <0seif8p0hjlq4quq9on8e8b7smp89bqpvf@4ax.com>,
> > duke <duckgumbo32@cox.net> wrote:

> >> Don't thank me. Rejecting God is far more dangerous than sinful behavior.
> >
> >How can someone reject something that has no basis in reality?
>
> Your reality is wishful thinking.

You call basing my reality on reality wishful thinking???

You have weird definitions for things.

--
JD

"Osama Bin Laden is dead and GM is alive."--VP Joseph Biden