comp.lang.python

Re: urllib supports javascript

Steve Holden

2/2/2008 3:48:00 AM

J. Peng wrote:
> hello,
>
> Which useragent lib supports javascript?
> I know something about these libs: urllib,urllib2,cookielib,httplib
> But I'm not sure which one of them can support javascript scripts.
> Thanks!

None of them do. Javascript support is a very complex task! I believe
there have been efforts to harness the spidermonkey code base [1] but
they date back to Python 2.3.

It may be that the IronPython environment has more to offer, especially
now that DLR support is specifically intended to promote interaction and
information exchange between code in different languages, but that is
oure speculation on my part.

regards
Steve

[1]: http://wwwsearch.sourceforge.net/python-spi...
--
Steve Holden +1 571 484 6266 +1 800 494 3119
Holden Web LLC http://www.hold...