comp.lang.python

Half-Broken filetype association in XP

Gerard C Blais

2/1/2008 5:40:00 PM

Under XP, until yesterday, I typed a.py in a dos box and a.py ran
fine; typed a.xls and opened an excel window; typed a.doc and opened a
word Document.

Type, all of those fail - if typed in a DOS window. They all work --
if clicked in an explorer window.

The registry looks fine (to me, fwtw):

assoc from a Dos prompt says:

..py=Python.File
..pyc=Python.CompiledFile
..pyo=Python.CompiledFile
..pys=pysFile
..pyw=Python.NoConFile

and ftype says

Python.CompiledFile="C:\Python25\python.exe" "%1" %*
Python.File="C:\Python25\python.exe" "%1" %*
Python.NoConFile="C:\Python25\pythonw.exe" "%1" %*

which all look pretty good to me.

Typing \python25\python a.py succeeds, too.

I may be the victim of a corporate software overnight push. (And so I
have no way to back it out.)

Can anyone help me out?
6 Answers

Fred C. Dobbs

On 12/18/2012 9:09 AM, David Johnston wrote:
> On 12/18/2012 8:47 AM, Fred C. Dobbs wrote:
>> On 12/18/2012 6:47 AM, Another Fired Union Scum Voting for Obama wrote:
>>> DOJ: Murders of School-Age Children Down 42%; Only 1% Take Place at
>>> School
>>>

>>> By Terence P. Jeffrey
>>> (CNSNews.com) - Murders of school-age children---those between the ages
>>> of 5 and 18-declined by 42 percent between the 1992-93 school year and
>>> the 2008-2009 school year, according to the U.S. Department of Justice,
>>> and only about 1 percent of the school age children murdered during the
>>> 2008-2009 school year were murdered at school.
>>
>> But that inconvenient fact won't make the
>> never-let-a-chance-to-abuse-a-"crisis" Obama regime forgo this
>> opportunity to curtail liberty.
>>

> So...what exactly are they doing?

Planning a severe curtailment of gun rights.

"I can't wait to be lectured about my gun rights by an Administration
responsible for giving guns to Mexican drug cartels."

know what's good for you, you won't monkey around with Fred C. Dobbs.

David Johnston

On 12/18/2012 10:38 AM, Fred C. Dobbs wrote:
> On 12/18/2012 9:09 AM, David Johnston wrote:

>>> But that inconvenient fact won't make the
>>> never-let-a-chance-to-abuse-a-"crisis" Obama regime forgo this
>>> opportunity to curtail liberty.
>>>

>> So...what exactly are they doing?
>
> Planning a severe curtailment of gun rights.

So they aren't doing anything? They are just thinking and you are using
your telepathic powers to relay the content to us?

Robert A. Leffingwell

"Fred C. Dobbs" <treasure@sierramadre.con> wrote in message

>> So...what exactly are they doing?
>
> Planning a severe curtailment of gun rights.

Fuck your gun rights. Get it through the shit you call brains that you lost
the election. The American people have had enough of your jesus and guns
bullshit. American people demand our kids be safe and alive and as far from
you gun crazy "sportsmen" as possible.

ozarkheart

On Tue, 18 Dec 2012 14:01:17 -0500, "Robert A. Leffingwell"
<RALeffingwell@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"Fred C. Dobbs" <treasure@sierramadre.con> wrote in message
>

>>> So...what exactly are they doing?
>>
>> Planning a severe curtailment of gun rights.
>

>Fuck your gun rights. Get it through the shit you call brains that you lost
>the election. The American people have had enough of your jesus and guns
>bullshit. American people demand our kids be safe and alive and as far from
>you gun crazy "sportsmen" as possible.

Then all they have to do is repeal the Second Amendment.....

Robert A. Leffingwell

<ozarkheart@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 18 Dec 2012 14:01:17 -0500, "Robert A. Leffingwell"
> <RALeffingwell@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>"Fred C. Dobbs" <treasure@sierramadre.con> wrote in message

>>> Planning a severe curtailment of gun rights.
>>

>>Fuck your gun rights. Get it through the shit you call brains that you
>>lost
>>the election. The American people have had enough of your jesus and guns
>>bullshit. American people demand our kids be safe and alive and as far
>>from
>>you gun crazy "sportsmen" as possible.
>
> Then all they have to do is repeal the Second Amendment.....

....or adhere to the letter and force all firearms owners to be a part of a
"well regulated militia" as stated in the 2nd amendment.

ozarkheart

On Tue, 18 Dec 2012 21:46:56 -0500, "Robert A. Leffingwell"
<RALeffingwell@hotmail.com> wrote:

><ozarkheart@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 18 Dec 2012 14:01:17 -0500, "Robert A. Leffingwell"
>> <RALeffingwell@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>>"Fred C. Dobbs" <treasure@sierramadre.con> wrote in message

>>>Fuck your gun rights. Get it through the shit you call brains that you
>>>lost
>>>the election. The American people have had enough of your jesus and guns
>>>bullshit. American people demand our kids be safe and alive and as far
>>>from
>>>you gun crazy "sportsmen" as possible.
>>
>> Then all they have to do is repeal the Second Amendment.....
>
>...or adhere to the letter and force all firearms owners to be a part of a
>"well regulated militia" as stated in the 2nd amendment.

Most already are.....

However, as discussed many times before, that clause dos not require
one to be in the militia to 'keep and bear arms'.