comp.lang.python

SimpleXMLRPCServer to fastcgi via WSGI?

Ivan Voras

Is there a straightforward way to convert an XML-RPC server application
(written for SimpleXMLRPCServer) to use WSGI so that it can be used as s
fastcgi server? By "straightforward" I mean something simple, without
using some external framework.

Alternatively, I don't really care about WSGI, so something that makes
it work as fastcgi directly will also be ok.
1 Answer

Joshua J. Kugler

Ivan Voras wrote:
> Is there a straightforward way to convert an XML-RPC server application
> (written for SimpleXMLRPCServer) to use WSGI so that it can be used as s
> fastcgi server? By "straightforward" I mean something simple, without
> using some external framework.
>
> Alternatively, I don't really care about WSGI, so something that makes
> it work as fastcgi directly will also be ok.

You don't need WSGI to use FastCGI. See
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pyth... It says it includes WSGI server
implementations, but that doesn't mean you have to use them.