comp.lang.python

Python for mobiles

pavloutefkros@gmail.com

1/31/2008 5:46:00 PM

Hello,

Is there any chance that i could compile python programs to java (.jar
[java bytecode]) so that i could run them with full support (no
interpreter) in a wireless device (talking about mobiles eg. nokia,
ericsson).
I am aware of jython, however i am not elegible of finding a proper
article claiming wheather this ability is provided or not.

Thanks in advance!
3 Answers

Steve Holden

pavloutefkros@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there any chance that i could compile python programs to java (.jar
> [java bytecode]) so that i could run them with full support (no
> interpreter) in a wireless device (talking about mobiles eg. nokia,
> ericsson).
> I am aware of jython, however i am not elegible of finding a proper
> article claiming wheather this ability is provided or not.
>
> Thanks in advance!

A better solution would surely be to get a Nokia S60 'phone, for which
there is a native Python implementation.

regards
Steve
--
Steve Holden +1 571 484 6266 +1 800 494 3119
Holden Web LLC http://www.hold...

Shawn Milochik

A better solution would surely be to get a Nokia S60 'phone, for which
there is a native Python implementation.

regards
Steve
--
Steve Holden +1 571 484 6266 +1 800 494 3119
Holden Web LLC http://www.hold...

Steve:

Do you know if the Nokia E60i phone has this capability? Also, is wxPython supported?
Or are you just knowledgeable about the S60?

Thanks,
Shawn

Chris Mellon

On Jan 31, 2008 1:16 PM, Shawn Milochik <Shawn@milochik.com> wrote:

> A better solution would surely be to get a Nokia S60 'phone, for which
> there is a native Python implementation.
>
> regards
> Steve
> --
> Steve Holden +1 571 484 6266 +1 800 494 3119
> Holden Web LLC http://www.hold...
>

> Steve:
>
> Do you know if the Nokia E60i phone has this capability? Also, is wxPython supported?
> Or are you just knowledgeable about the S60?

wxPython is not, but there are bindings for the S60s native gui
provided. You can find out it your phone is supported a pys60.sf.net.