tiwarishravan

1/30/2008 11:27:00 AM

I am shravan tiwari, i want to know that how i'll run any python
file(*.py) on command prompt r python GUI.
i tried this

python test.py

but i have got error, syntax error. so can i get the solution.
2 Answers

Gabriel Genellina

On 30 ene, 09:26, tiwarishra...@gmail.com wrote:

> I am shravan tiwari, i want to know that how i'll run any python
> file(*.py) on command prompt r python GUI.
> i tried this
>
> python test.py
>
> but i have got error, syntax error. so can i get the solution.

This is the right way to run it.
If you get a syntax error, it means that test.py is not correctly
written. Fix the code and try again.

--
Gabriel Genellina

(N Chackowsky)

tiwarishravan@gmail.com wrote:
> I am shravan tiwari, i want to know that how i'll run any python
> file(*.py) on command prompt r python GUI.
> i tried this
>
> python test.py
>
> but i have got error, syntax error. so can i get the solution.
I'm thinking you're running on a Windows computer, and that the Python
installer has kindly not updated your path. Try this:

c:\python25\python.exe test.py

If that works, then it's your path that wants altering. How you do that
depends on which version of Windows you're running.

Nick