comp.lang.c++

c++ web programming

Rashad

10/6/2008 4:00:00 PM

i want to develop an apllication using c++ which requires online data.
i think the concept is same as normal network programming. my
application will read data from a web server
and display data on the client software. usually these type of
projects are done using php5 . but i want to do my project using c+
+ ?..

any ideas..

all suggestions are welcome.

thanks for your cooperation,.....

4 Answers

Obnoxious User

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Gateway...

--
OU
Remember 18th of June 2008, Democracy died that afternoon.

Guido Winkelmann

Rashad wrote:

> i want to develop an apllication using c++ which requires online data.
> i think the concept is same as normal network programming. my
> application will read data from a web server
> and display data on the client software. usually these type of
> projects are done using php5 . but i want to do my project using c+
> + ?..

This might help you:

http://www.t...

sean_in_raleigh

On Oct 6, 12:00 pm, Rashad <rasha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i want to develop an apllication using c++ which requires online data.

There's cURLpp, the C++ binding to the excellent
libcURL library:

http://rrette.com/textpattern/index.ph...

You should ignore the post about using CGI, which is
strictly a server-side affair.

Sean

Ioannis Vranos

Rashad wrote:
> i want to develop an apllication using c++ which requires online data.
> i think the concept is same as normal network programming. my
> application will read data from a web server
> and display data on the client software. usually these type of
> projects are done using php5 . but i want to do my project using c+
> + ?..
>
> any ideas..
>
> all suggestions are welcome.
>
> thanks for your cooperation,.....

QT:

http://trol...

http://doc.trolltech.com/4.4/gui...

I am currently learning "C++ GUI Programming with Qt 4", Second Edition
(http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0132354160/ref=ase...), and it
looks OK.