Save image in local machine

Raveendran Jazzez

4/15/2009 5:34:00 AM

Hi All,

I want to save this image in my local machine with ruby code

https://mail.google.com/mail/help/image...

Note: I did with Watir gem. But I want to do it another simple way.

Thanks in advance,
P.Raveendran
http://raveendran.wor...

Heesob Park

2009/4/15 Raveendran Perumalsamy <jazzezravi@gmail.com>:
> Hi All,
>

> I want to save this image in my local machine with ruby code
>
> https://mail.google.com/mail/help/image...
>
> Note: I did with Watir gem. But I want to do it another simple way.

require 'net/https'
require 'uri'

url = 'https://mail.google.com/mail/help/image...'
uri = URI.parse(url)
http = Net::HTTP.new(uri.host, uri.port)
http.use_ssl = true if uri.scheme == "https"
http.verify_mode = OpenSSL::SSL::VERIFY_NONE
http.start {
http.request_get(uri.path) {|res|
File.open(File.basename(uri.path),'wb') { |f|
f.write(res.body)
}
}
}

Regards,

Park Heesob

Raveendran Jazzez

Heesob Park wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2009/4/15 Raveendran Perumalsamy <jazzezravi@gmail.com>:
>> Hi All,
>>

>> I want to save this image in my local machine with ruby code
>>
>> https://mail.google.com/mail/help/image...
>>
>> Note: I did with Watir gem. But I want to do it another simple way.
>>

> require 'net/https'
> require 'uri'
>
> url = 'https://mail.google.com/mail/help/image...'
> uri = URI.parse(url)
> http = Net::HTTP.new(uri.host, uri.port)
> http.use_ssl = true if uri.scheme == "https"
> http.verify_mode = OpenSSL::SSL::VERIFY_NONE
> http.start {
> http.request_get(uri.path) {|res|
> File.open(File.basename(uri.path),'wb') { |f|
> f.write(res.body)
> }
> }
> }
>

> Regards,
>
> Park Heesob

Hi Park,

Thanks for your code and also I need to save the image in Given path
like c:\raveendran
Where I can add this path in above program ?

Thanks
P.Raveendran
http://raveendran.wor...

Raveendran Jazzez

Hi park,

I got the solution to change the line like this

File.open("c:\\TML\\1.gif",'wb')

Thanks.
P.Raveendran
http://raveendran.wor...