exif/iptc/xmp image metadata libraries?

Paul Archer

4/14/2009 2:36:00 PM

I'm looking for an image metadata manipulation library, and so far I've
only found a couple that look usable. ruby-exiv2 uses the C++ exiv2
library, but is incomplete (no xmp support, doesn't seem to handle
multiple iptc keywords. mini-exiftool uses the excellent exiftool library,
but that's written in Perl, and I'd rather use something that's either
pure-ruby, or a C/C++ library for efficiency.

Does anyone know of any mature image metadata manipulation libraries that
I've missed?

Paul

2 Answers

pm

Paul Archer wrote:
> I'm looking for an image metadata manipulation library, and so far I've
> only found a couple that look usable. ruby-exiv2 uses the C++ exiv2
> library, but is incomplete (no xmp support, doesn't seem to handle
> multiple iptc keywords. mini-exiftool uses the excellent exiftool library,
> but that's written in Perl, and I'd rather use something that's either
> pure-ruby, or a C/C++ library for efficiency.
>
> Does anyone know of any mature image metadata manipulation libraries that
> I've missed?
>
> Paul

have a look here :

http://www.ruby-forum.com/t...

I'm using it even if I'm a beginner:-) pm

Paul Archer

On Wed, 15 Apr 2009, pm wrote:

> Paul Archer wrote:
>> I'm looking for an image metadata manipulation library, and so far I've
>> only found a couple that look usable. ruby-exiv2 uses the C++ exiv2
>> library, but is incomplete (no xmp support, doesn't seem to handle multiple
>> iptc keywords. mini-exiftool uses the excellent exiftool library, but
>> that's written in Perl, and I'd rather use something that's either
>> pure-ruby, or a C/C++ library for efficiency.
>>
>> Does anyone know of any mature image metadata manipulation libraries that
>> I've missed?
>>
>> Paul
>>
> have a look here :
>
> http://www.ruby-forum.com/t...
>
> I'm using it even if I'm a beginner:-) pm

EXIFR, which is pointed to in the above link, is EXIF only. I'm looking
for something that does IPTC and XMP.

Paul