comp.lang.c++

interested in kicking the tires on a new multithreading technology? (multicore-enable C++ apps

Cilk

10/3/2008 10:25:00 AM

We at Cilk Arts are soon (Jan '09) going to release Cilk++ 1.0, with the
goal of delivering the easiest, quickest, and most reliable way to maximize
application performance on multicore processors.

We have an Early Visibility Program for folks interested in kicking the
tires on the alpha/beta versions of the product and multicore-enabling their
C++ apps. www.cilk.com

Cilk++ 1.0 is best suited for applications that meet the following criteria:
1.. Application performance is compute bound
2.. Performance can be improved by accelerating serial (i.e.,
single-threaded) portions of the application
3.. The application is written in C or C++, and can be compiled with a
Microsoft Visual Studio or GNU compiler
There will be both an open source and commercial license options (details to
be published soon).

In a nutshell, the key points of Cilk++ are below.

cheers,
ilya

Accelerate Development Time:
> Minimal application changes: leverage existing serial C++ code
> Can be learned in hours by any C++ programmer

Boost Application Performance:
> Linear scaling as cores are added
> Dynamic load balancing

EnsureSoftware Reliability: