comp.lang.c++

[ANN] Xerces-C++ 3.0.0 released

Boris Kolpackov

I am pleased to announce the availability of Apache Xerces-C++ 3.0.0.
Xerces-C++ is an open-source validating XML parser written in a
portable subset of C++. It provides DOM (level 1, 2, and 3), SAX,
and SAX2 APIs and supports validation of XML documents against DTD
and XML Schema.

This release includes a large number of new features, bug fixes, and
clean-ups, including:

* automake-based build system for the UNIX/Linux/Mac OS X platforms.
* libcurl-based net accessor.
* Support for XInclude in DOM.
* Support for both XPath 1 and XPath 2 models in the DOM XPath interface.
* Support for the XML Schema subset of XPath 1 in DOM.
* Conformance to the final DOM Level 3 interface specification.
* Ability to provide custom DOM memory manager as well as tune the global
DOM heap parameters.
* All public and widely used interfaces as well as a large portion of the
implementation were converted to be 64-bit safe.
* XML Schema bug/errata fixes including the fix for the large maxOccurs
and minOccurs bug as well as for the changed ##other interpretation.
* Reviewed and cleaned up diagnostics messages.
* Optimizations for SAX/SAX2 and DOM parsing as well as XML Schema
validation.

Xerces-C++ 3.0.0 is available in source code and as precompiled binaries
for the following platforms/compilers:

32 bit:

Windows x86 MS Visual C++ 7.1 (2003)
Windows x86 MS Visual C++ 8.0 (2005)
Linux x86 GCC 3.4.x or later
Solaris 10 x86 Sun C++ 5.7 (Studio 10) or later
Solaris 10 SPARC Sun C++ 5.7 (Studio 10) or later
AIX 5.3 PowerPC IBM XL C++ 7.0 or later
HP-UX 11i IA-64 HP aCC A.06.x
Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger x86 GCC 4.0.x (Xcode 2.x) or later
Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger PowerPC GCC 4.0.x (Xcode 2.x) or later

64 bit:

Windows x86-64 MS Visual C++ 8.0 (2005)
Linux x86-64 GCC 3.4.x or later
Solaris 10 x86-64 Sun C++ 5.7 (Studio 10) or later
Solaris 10 SPARC Sun C++ 5.7 (Studio 10) or later
AIX 5.3 PowerPC IBM XL C++ 7.0 or later
HP-UX 11i IA-64 HP aCC A.06.x

More information on Xerces-C++, including documentation and build
instructions, is available from the project's website:

http://xerces.apache.org...

The source code archives and precompiled binaries are available from
the download page:

http://xerces.apache.org...download.cgi

Boris

--
Boris Kolpackov, Code Synthesis Tools http://codesynthesis.com/~...
Open source XML data binding for C++: http://codesynthesis.com/pr...

Paavo Helde

Boris Kolpackov <boris@codesynthesis.com> kirjutas:

> Hi,
>
> I am pleased to announce the availability of Apache Xerces-C++ 3.0.0.
> Xerces-C++ is an open-source validating XML parser written in a
> portable subset of C++. It provides DOM (level 1, 2, and 3), SAX,
> and SAX2 APIs and supports validation of XML documents against DTD
> and XML Schema.

[...]

> 32 bit:
>
> Windows x86 MS Visual C++ 7.1 (2003)
> Windows x86 MS Visual C++ 8.0 (2005)

Still not compilable with the current MSVC version?

Well, don't worry, we have switched over to another library.

Regards
Paavo

Boris Kolpackov

Hi Paavo,

Paavo Helde <nobody@ebi.ee> writes:

> Still not compilable with the current MSVC version?

Sorry, I forgot to add MS Visual C++ 9.0 (2008) to the list. The
3.0.0 release was tested with and includes project files as well
as pre-compiled binaries (both 32 and 64 bit) for VC++ 9.0.

Boris