filelocking

Derek Smith

4/9/2009 1:08:00 AM

Hi All,

I have posted the same code b4, but could not find my original post,
however this is a different question. I am a newb, so here I go.
Thank you!

This is my error:

$ ruby test.rb
test.rb:46: undefined method `flock' for main:Object (NoMethodError)
from test.rb:45:in `open'
from test.rb:45
from test.rb:42:in `each'
from test.rb:42

Here is my code:

#!/usr/bin/ruby -w

require 'ftools'
array1 = Dir.glob("*.log")
if ( array1.length >= 1 )
array1.each { |file|
File.copy(file, "#{file}.orig")
if (File.size?(file) > FSIZE)
File.open(file, 'r+') do |f|
flock(f, File::LOCK_SH) do |f|
f << "i got a lock"
}
else
raise StandardError, "Array 'array1' has no values, logs will not be
rolled!"

Joel VanderWerf

Derek Smith wrote:
> test.rb:46: undefined method `flock' for main:Object (NoMethodError)
> File.open(file, 'r+') do |f|
> flock(f, File::LOCK_SH) do |f|

That should be File.flock.

Derek Smith

Joel VanderWerf wrote:
> Derek Smith wrote:
>> test.rb:46: undefined method `flock' for main:Object (NoMethodError)
>> File.open(file, 'r+') do |f|
>> flock(f, File::LOCK_SH) do |f|
>
> That should be File.flock.

OK tried that...thx!, but now I am seeing

__STDERR__

test.rb:46: undefined method `flock' for File:Class (NoMethodError)
from test.rb:45:in `open'
from test.rb:45
from test.rb:42:in `each'
from test.rb:42

__CODE__

if ( array1.length >= 1 )
array1.each { |file|
File.copy(file, "#{file}.orig")
if (File.size?(file) > FSIZE)
File.open(file, 'r+') do |f|
File.flock(f, File::LOCK_SH) do |f|
f << "i got a lock"
}

Derek Smith wrote:
> Joel VanderWerf wrote:
>> Derek Smith wrote:
>>> test.rb:46: undefined method `flock' for main:Object (NoMethodError)
>>> File.open(file, 'r+') do |f|
>>> flock(f, File::LOCK_SH) do |f|
>> That should be File.flock.

sorry, my fault... should be

f.flock(File::LOCK_SH) do

Take a look at `ri flock` for details.

Michael Malone

>> That should be File.flock.
>>

> OK tried that...thx!, but now I am seeing
>
> __STDERR__
>
> test.rb:46: undefined method `flock' for File:Class (NoMethodError)
> from test.rb:45:in `open'
> from test.rb:45
> from test.rb:42:in `each'
> from test.rb:42

File#flock => f.flock

addressee. It is subject to copyright, is confidential and may be
lost by reason of this transmission.
other act on the email.

Phlip

> You haven't defended the actions of Hamas and such?

While you are at it, defend the actions of Sitting Bull & Crazy Horse
at Little Bighorn.

First. Post

On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 14:26:14 -0600, David Hartung <david@hotmai*l.com>
wrote:

>On 01/12/2012 02:00 PM, 2849 Dead wrote:

>> video-

>>> Once again, you really need to learn how to read.
>>>
>>> You are among those who have justified the attacks of terrorists around
>>> the world. Now you get angry over four men doing something which causes
>>> no one any harm, but which is offensive to our western sensibilities,
>>> including mine.
>>
>> You been taking Fake Bill lessons or something? I've NEVER justified
>> terrorist attacks.
>
>You haven't defended the actions of Hamas and such?
>
>If that is the case, I apologize.

Zepp blaming Israel for Hamas attacks and calling Israel the real
terrorists.
Going back from most recent to oldest see posts on Mar 15 2008 for a
starter.

http://groups.google.com/group/talk.politics.misc/browse_thread/thread/a7bdeba632fdae2e/38fcee...

It should also be noted that Zepp never posted a single comment
condemning any terrorist attacks or beheadings.

You've got nothing to really be apologetic for Dave.
Everyone knows how Zepp really feels about the US. Total contempt.

liberal

On Jan 12, 3:56 pm, 2849 Dead <d...@gone.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 14:26:14 -0600, David Hartung wrote:

> >> video-

> >> You been taking Fake Bill lessons or something?  I've NEVER justified
> >> terrorist attacks.
>
> > You haven't defended the actions of Hamas and such?
>
> > If that is the case, I apologize.
>
> I've never justified Hamas, but I'm sharply critical of people who use
> the ineffectual attacks to justify far greater Israeli atrocities.

"Far greater"???? Goosestepping much?

Why do so many self-defined "liberals" hate Jews. Yeah, yeah, I know,
you have several Jewish friends here in America.

One of the reasons for Israel's actions is that Israel must look at
the other countries in the middle east which egg on the Palestinians.
Why does Iran hate Israel....because it's Jewish. Yet those very same
middle east nations hate Palestinians with a similar fervor.

Try to understand, those settlements you use to represent all the
evils of Jews in the middle east are actually supported by American
evangelicals as a necessary step to the Second Coming. Furthermore,
the nature of the Irsaeli political system, a parlimentary system with
multiple parties, means a small clique of religious wackos controls
which major party heads the government. Kinda like the role teahadists
have had in the US.

> So: did you read up on the Sepoy Mutiny?
>
> --
> “Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution
> inevitable” -JFK
>
> --
> “Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution
> inevitable” -JFK

Not Sure

On Jan 12, 12:56 pm, 2849 Dead <d...@gone.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 14:26:14 -0600, David Hartung wrote:

> >> video-

> >> You been taking Fake Bill lessons or something?  I've NEVER justified
> >> terrorist attacks.
>
> > You haven't defended the actions of Hamas and such?
>
> > If that is the case, I apologize.
>
> I've never justified Hamas,

Sure you have.

but I'm sharply critical of people who use
> the ineffectual attacks to justify far greater Israeli atrocities.

Which you just did. Better luck lying next time.