comp.lang.c++

wifstream/wofstream names

Ioannis Vranos

9/30/2008 7:20:00 PM

Regarding wifstreams/wofstreams, is it possible to create files (where
applicable) with wchar_t names in standard C++, given that their
equivalent constructors accept a const char * and not a const wchar_t *?

Or are we forced to use system-specific solutions?

Thanks.
1 Answer

Eric.Malenfant@gmail.com

On 30 sep, 15:20, Ioannis Vranos <ivra...@no.spam.nospamfreemail.gr>
wrote:
> Regarding wifstreams/wofstreams, is it possible to create files (where
> applicable) with wchar_t names in standard C++, given that their
> equivalent constructors accept a const char * and not a const wchar_t *?

Not yet.

> Or are we forced to use system-specific solutions?

Last time I checked, a Filesystem library was considered for TR2. The
proposal is based on Boost.Filesystem, which supports wchar_t names:
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_36_0/libs/filesystem/doc...