comp.lang.python

Minimum Requirements for Python

justinrob

1/25/2008 11:50:00 AM

Can someone tell me the minimum requitements for Python as I can't
find it anwhere on the site. I have 3 PC's which are only 256mb RAM,
wanted to know if this was sufficenent.

Thanks
3 Answers

Christian Heimes

justinrob@gmail.com wrote:
> Can someone tell me the minimum requitements for Python as I can't
> find it anwhere on the site. I have 3 PC's which are only 256mb RAM,
> wanted to know if this was sufficenent.

Python runs even on mobile phones with far less memory. However the
memory consumption depends on the application.

Christian

Tim Chase

> Can someone tell me the minimum requitements for Python as I can't
> find it anwhere on the site. I have 3 PC's which are only 256mb RAM,
> wanted to know if this was sufficenent.

It runs just fine here on an old P133 laptop running OpenBSD with
a mere 32 megs of memory. I wouldn't do numerical processing on
it, or memory intensive tasks, but for most scripts, it's just fine.

-tkc

bruno.desthuilliers@gmail.com

On 25 jan, 12:50, justin...@gmail.com wrote:
> Can someone tell me the minimum requitements for Python as I can't
> find it anwhere on the site. I have 3 PC's which are only 256mb RAM,
> wanted to know if this was sufficenent.

The first machine I installed Python on was a pentium133 with 32mb
ram.