comp.lang.c++

Using BFD

Deepak Jharodia

9/26/2008 9:44:00 AM

I've done some study about BFD(binary file descriptor) library and
have following doubts:

If I inlcude libbfd.a in my final executable can I use this executable
to read it's own symbol table, by reading libbfd.a? Is it possible? Is
there any other(/better) way to do this?
3 Answers

Victor Bazarov

Deepak Jharodia wrote:
> I've done some study about BFD(binary file descriptor) library and
> have following doubts:
>
> If I inlcude libbfd.a in my final executable can I use this executable
> to read it's own symbol table, by reading libbfd.a? Is it possible? Is
> there any other(/better) way to do this?

What is your C++ *language* question, again?

Deepak Jharodia

On Sep 26, 5:57 pm, Victor Bazarov <v.Abaza...@comAcast.net> wrote:
> Deepak Jharodia wrote:
> > I've done some study about BFD(binary file descriptor) library and
> > have following doubts:
>
> > If I inlcude libbfd.a in my final executable can I use this executable
> > to read it'sown symbol table, by reading libbfd.a? Is it possible? Is
> > there any other(/better) way to do this?
>
> What is your C++ *language* question, again?

Can you please guide me to correct group for this?

Victor Bazarov

Deepak Jharodia wrote:
> On Sep 26, 5:57 pm, Victor Bazarov <v.Abaza...@comAcast.net> wrote:
>> Deepak Jharodia wrote:
>>> I've done some study about BFD(binary file descriptor) library and
>>> have following doubts:
>>> If I inlcude libbfd.a in my final executable can I use this executable
>>> to read it'sown symbol table, by reading libbfd.a? Is it possible? Is
>>> there any other(/better) way to do this?
>> What is your C++ *language* question, again?
>
> Can you please guide me to correct group for this?

I am not sure what the "binary file descriptor" is, but from the word
"file" I can imagine that the first newsgroup you should try is the one
that deals with your OS. Since you didn't say what your OS is, I'll
make a guess that ti's Linux, so try 'comp.os.linux.development.apps'.