comp.lang.python

csv to xls using python 2.1.3

LizzyLiz

1/23/2008 2:42:00 PM

Hi

I need to convert a .csv file to .xls file using python 2.1.3 which
means I can't use pyExcelerator! Does anyone know how I can do this?

Many thanks
LizzyLiz
7 Answers

Tim Golden

LizzyLiz wrote:
> Hi
>
> I need to convert a .csv file to .xls file using python 2.1.3 which
> means I can't use pyExcelerator! Does anyone know how I can do this?
>
> Many thanks
> LizzyLiz

Use win32com.client to start Excel, tell it to .Open the .csv
file and then tell it to .SaveAs an Excel workbook.

TJG

LizzyLiz

Perfect! Thanks :-)

LizzyLiz

Larry Bates

LizzyLiz wrote:
> Hi
>
> I need to convert a .csv file to .xls file using python 2.1.3 which
> means I can't use pyExcelerator! Does anyone know how I can do this?
>
> Many thanks
> LizzyLiz

FYI - Excel can read .CSV files directly and convert them to .XLS.

-Larry

John Machin

On Jan 24, 1:58 am, LizzyLiz <l...@rcsltd.co.uk> wrote:
> Perfect! Thanks :-)
>
> LizzyLiz

You have an interesting notion of perfection, which may change after
some experience with the proposed solution.

Note that sticking with Python 2.1 precludes your using the Python csv
module as you first proposed, and is shutting you out of an enormous
lot of new functionality. Are you inextricably bound to 2.1?

LizzyLiz

Unfortunately we have to stick with python 2.1.3 for this project.

LizzyLiz

On Jan 23, 5:15 pm, Larry Bates <larry.ba...@websafe.com> wrote:
> FYI - Excel can read .CSV files directly and convert them to .XLS.
>
> -Larry

Thanks Larry

The customer wants 2 buttons - one for csv, one for xls.

Kind regards
Liz

The Peeler

On Thu, 20 Feb 2014 06:19:56 -0800 (PST), Moose in Love with Nazi Scum, now
trolling as T Rex PhD, wrote:

>> Billy Bishop??? What kind of fucking name is THAT for an airport?
>>
>> LOLK
>
> I've never even heard of that airport.

Goes to show what an idiot you are, Moose Droppings! <BG>

--
Moose in Love with Nazi Scum having his coming out on these groups as
"Slutty Ho' from Manilla":