rubyforge.org DNS registration down?

Scott Thorpe

4/3/2009 6:12:00 PM

Anyone else having this problem?

--Scott

James Gray

On Apr 3, 2009, at 1:11 PM, Scott Thorpe wrote:

> Anyone else having this problem?

It's a known problem:

http://twitter.com...

James Edward Gray II

JJ

"Shelly" <sheldonlg@thevillages.net> wrote in message
> On 07/10/2013 14:08, JJ wrote:
>> "Shelly" <sheldonlg@thevillages.net> wrote in message
>>> I have seen that used. What would be the letters equivalent to express
>>> "ptooi, ptooi" or "may his name be erased from memory"?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Shelly
>>>

>> Yes, there is. It is YEMACH SHEMO (may his name be obliterated) or YEMACH
>> SH'MO VE'ZICHRO (May his name and memory be obliterated). In Hebrew there
>> is
>> an acronym you place after his name, YOD-MEM-SHIN (pronounced YAMASH and
>> usually used in writing. Very often, when Hebrew speakers mention
>> Hitler,
>> they add "yimach shemo" when speaking or "yamash" when writing. Some
>> people
>> add it after Haman.
>>
>> In English, I don't know if there is any abbreviation or acronym.
>>

>> Wiki (accurate this time:)
>>
>> Yimakh shemo
>> From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
>> Jump to: navigation, search
>> The Hebrew phrase yimakh shemo ??? ??? "May his name be obliterated" is a
>> curse placed after the name of particular enemies of the Jewish
>> people.[1] A
>> variant is yimakh shemo ve zikhro ??? ??? ????? "Obliterate his name and
>> his
>> memory."[2] Yimakh shemo is one of the strongest curses in the Hebrew
>> language.[3]
>>

>> Jay
>>

> Y"M"SH ???? Y-M-SH???? or just YAMASH ????
>
> --
> Shelly

In Hebrew it's YM"SH.

Jay

DoD

> On 07/10/2013 13:34, DoD wrote:

> Some people refuse to be blinded by facts and choose to continue to live
> if fantasy never-neverland. On this issue, David is a classic example of
> one of those people when he puts that murdering SOB on a "saintly"
> pedestal.

Well, after his death, he was lionized by some Rabbis and others. An
example, Rabbi
Dov Lior said that Goldstein was holier than all the martyrs of the Shoah.
And from
what I understand from reading this group, some people will blindly follow
what their
Rabbis say, so it is not a stretch to understand why this happens.

Herman Rubin

On 2013-10-05, Fred Goldstein <fg_es@ionaryQRM.invalid> wrote:
> On 10/4/2013 5:06 PM, Herman Rubin wrote:

>> the Madrasas and other places the Imams spread their hatred and teach
>> violence.

>>> No, we don't. A madrassa is the Muslim-equivalent of a yeshiva. Or
>> maybe public school teachers should also use an Artscroll gemara to
>> teach children about aspects of halacha that they find unpalatable
>> and offensive. You never know when a yeshiva student is going to go
>> bezerk. (sarcasm)

>> Yeshiva students, except in Israel, are not likely to go berserk.
>> We have postings to show that that is often not the case in Israel.
>> That behavior is also not taught in yeshivas, but alas is is not
>> tauyght that they need to respect that other Jews may not baelieve
>> as they do. But, until they do something about it, all versions of
>> Islam about which I know make it their duty to do what they can to
>> make the whole world Muslim.

> Madrassa students are also not likely to go berserk. We hear about the
> few who do, but then we're not hearing about the millions of madrassa
> graduates who live peaceful lives. There are some madrassas run by
> al-Qaeda affiliates that teach violence, but they're not the majority.
> We just don't hear about them, because the non-violent ones aren't in
> the news.

This is not a case where the dangerous ones being a minority is
sufficient. It only takes a small percentage to provide a large
number of dangerous terrorists.

>> Christianity did not come out of this until after their wars due to
>> disagreement, and some sects still are there. Judaism was never in
>> a position to try it. But Islam claims it; it is up to their leaders
>> to abjure this claim, and I have not seen any sign of this.

> What Islam claims depends on which imam you ask. All forms of Islam
> start with the Quran, but they interpret it differently. They also have
> the hadiths, other sayings of The Prophet. Thousands of them. They all
> agree that some are authentic and some are not. But they don't agree on
> which are which. This leads to many variations in actual belief within
> the scope of Islam. A word which is a cognate of Shalom (S-L-M radix).
> It is not about violence; there are however some violent people who
> claim it as an excuse for their sins.

It is not only terrorist behavior toward infidels that go against
our laws; there are also honor killings.

So it is up to them to separate it out. Islamic religious warfare
in Iraq kills more than the Western armies by far. We know that
some madrassas in the US and elsewhere are turning out a fairly
large number of terrorists and others who break important laws.

sheldonlg

On 07/10/2013 15:23, DoD wrote:
> "Shelly" <sheldonlg@thevillages.net> wrote in message
>> On 07/10/2013 13:34, DoD wrote:
>
>> Some people refuse to be blinded by facts and choose to continue to
>> live if fantasy never-neverland. On this issue, David is a classic
>> example of one of those people when he puts that murdering SOB on a
>> "saintly" pedestal.
>
> Well, after his death, he was lionized by some Rabbis and others. An
> example, Rabbi
> Dov Lior said that Goldstein was holier than all the martyrs of the
> Shoah. And from
> what I understand from reading this group, some people will blindly
> follow what their
> Rabbis say, so it is not a stretch to understand why this happens.
Oh, I understand why and how it happens. Now reread what I wrote that
you commented about. It stll holds.

--
Shelly

Herman Rubin

On 2013-10-06, cindys <cstein1@rochester.rr.com> wrote:
> On Friday, October 4, 2013 5:06:55 PM UTC-4, Herman Rubin wrote:
>> On 2013-10-04, cindys <cstein1@rochester.rr.com> wrote:
> snip

>> > So, in our frustration about the terrorism, some of us try to come up

>> with a way to lash out, and one thing that comes to mind is that it's

>> "proper" to teach school children that Muslims are evil people. Because

>> that's really the bottom line that would come out of this teaching.

>> No; it is proper to teach that the Qu'ran calls for this, and that

>> many Muslims have been doing it.
> ------

> Many American Muslims have NOT been doing this. Why don't you figure
out how many Koran-inspired incidents of terrorism we have experienced
in the USA and divide that by the number of Muslims living in the USA,
and then we can have an actual statistic, professor.

> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.

There has been surveillance of Islamic organizations, which
has averted many acts of terrorism; those other acts would
need to be included, and I have no access to that information.

Considering the few acts of terrorism by others, and the small
proportion of Muslims, the several acts made, and the number
blocked, are higher that that of other religious groups.

sheldonlg

On 07/10/2013 12:43, David Makowsky wrote:
> On Monday, October 7, 2013 11:14:25 AM UTC-5, JJ wrote:
>
>> "David Makowsky" <dlmakowsky@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> There was no murder, except possibly of the Saintly Barcuh Goldstein HY"D
>>> / Z"L.
>>> He did not hate nor do anything evil to the Arabs because they were
>>> diferent. As someone else who almost always disagrees with me stated, he
>>> treated ALL patients who came to him, turning none away.
>>> No one ever complained he gave ANYONE substandard care.
>> ... but he killed 29 of them.
> I could give plenty of reasons for why that comment is not a reasonable response simply because they died after he showed up. But I should not have to.
>
> Jay, you are better than that.

Yeah, here is the one main one -- He shot them in cold blood.

--
Shelly

DoD

> On Monday, October 7, 2013 11:14:25 AM UTC-5, JJ wrote:
>
>> "David Makowsky" <dlmakowsky@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> > There was no murder, except possibly of the Saintly Barcuh Goldstein
>> > HY"D
>> > / Z"L.
>
>> > He did not hate nor do anything evil to the Arabs because they were
>> > diferent. As someone else who almost always disagrees with me stated,
>> > he
>> > treated ALL patients who came to him, turning none away.
>
>> > No one ever complained he gave ANYONE substandard care.
>
>> ... but he killed 29 of them.
>
> I could give plenty of reasons for why that comment is not a reasonable
> response simply because they died after he showed up.

????????? What is that supposed to mean?????????????? This is getting
pretty bizarre.

> But I should not have to.
>
> Jay, you are better than that.

David Makowsky

On Monday, October 7, 2013 12:34:55 PM UTC-5, DoD wrote:

> "David Makowsky" <dlmakowsky@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On Saturday, October 5, 2013 3:39:39 PM UTC-5, DoD wrote:

> >> Is the information on this subject so
> >> good that you want to keep it to yourself?????

> > My characterization of Wiki is widely accepted and I have no doubt if you
> > were to browse through it you might even agree.

> As I pointed out to Jay, I am very familiar with Wiki, how it works and how
> it can be misused.

Then you have a strange way of demonstrating that.

> > As it is I _already_ had offered what actually happened as the alternative
> > so I am not sure as to why you even commented that way.

> Where? In your reply with Cindy? If so, where is the meat? You can't just go
> and pronounce something and expect
> people just to believe your word.

You are the one just making pronouncements. I am not even the only one here who is familiar with the actual facts. On this point, even Jay (whom almost never agrees with me) his familiar with the actual facts.

> >> I guess from what I have read so far, the only person that offered
> >> something
> >> extra to what I already know about this was Herman. He reminded
> >> me that every person has a breaking point, and Goldstein obviously
> >> reached
> >> his, but my impression of him, that he didn't treat Arabs hasn't change
> >> because you didn't offer me anything else to consider.

> > As mentioned I already did.

> Where are the facts and figures? Where are you getting your information
> from? I gave examples of his friends
> that said he refused to treat the "enemy". I gave example of even DRUZE
> being scarred he wouldn't treat them

You just made pronouncements. Then you accused me of doing that.

In fact until you, I have never heard these bogus claims of yours from _anyone_ else.

> and that is mind boggling, because AIUI, the Druze are some of the most
> loyal Israelis out there.

> > At any rate, There was no "breaking point". The Israeli government was
> > refusing to act (actually I think it is possible they were acting, but in
> > secret - Which means the Saintly Baruch Goldstein HY"D / Z"L would not
> > have known - hence the secret portion of the report) so he did.

> What report?

The Israeli government's report on what happened. Over the last week I have been thinking that there was no need for a secret report unless the government did not want to reveal what security steps were being taken.

Higgs Boson

On Monday, October 7, 2013 7:58:39 AM UTC-7, David Makowsky wrote:
> On Saturday, October 5, 2013 4:59:28 PM UTC-5, Giborah wrote:

> > <....massive snip...>
>

> > In other words it does not agree with the ***narrative you have of the
>
> > world*** so it must be wrong.
>

> Yes, now just deal with it and move on.
>

> > Looked in the mirror lately, David?
>

> Not any more. The mirrors keep on cracking when I do that.

Problem easily identified. You need to have them "blessed" by a rabbi of your persuasion.

Giborah