comp.lang.python

Calculate net transfer rate without dummy file

whatazor

how can I calulate transfer rate to a host , without using a file ?
can ping module (written by Jeremy Hylton) be useful ?
1 Answer

Diez B. Roggisch

whatazor schrieb:
> Hi,
> how can I calulate transfer rate to a host , without using a file ?
> can ping module (written by Jeremy Hylton) be useful ?

You can't measure without transmitting data. It's not only the network
connection between the two hosts that is important, but also the sending
and receiving processes, if they can cope with the amount of data or not
and so forth.

Diez